Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i kno that the presidential elections here in america are a year or so away but i was wondering given the candidates who have already announced their bid for the white house...who would you vote for? personally i'm for obama #cool

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hmmm... okay im not American so im probably going to be told to go away and worry about Blair. I think the next American elections are going to be really interesting (first black candidate & the first woman candidate). I like what Clinton did while he was in office (ie. Didnt kill a million people) so his woman will probably sway that way (besides women are supposed to be more thoughtful hahaha). Obama seems like an interesting case! He hasnt had a lot of publicity so we havent heard a lot about him on this side of the pond...but I have heard him speak to the mass's and he seems sparky. But realistically I dont think its going to happen, its too soon for middle America to go through such a massive transition.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol saira ur opinion is greatly appreciated :D I do agree with u that obama is fairly new and he probably won't win but he is a very charismatic speaker i think he should at least be put on the ticket for VP and i'm surprised that u haven't heard much about him over there - he's been given rockstar status here in the US...and about clinton i liked her for a minute until i heard her speak about iraq and then i was like um ..republican wannabe :p lol those r my 2 cents on the issue

·
Registered
349 Posts
damn its funny how i can forget an entire years worth of american politics at a click of a finger...anyhoo..regardless of who wins these elections i cant wait becasue it will be such a change..will the world overcome its greatest depression?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no their not the first woman or black candidate but they are the first woman and first black candidates that actually have a realistic shot at the white house

·
Registered
349 Posts
It's not the first woman or first black candidate. It's called wikipedia. Use it.
hehe that jus goes to show i have forgotton my american politcs module...and bhains ki dhum....wikipedia CANNOT be considered a reliable resource

*suspicious*

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry tail of a cow. We're not writing speeches for the electorate so we are allowed slight errors. #happy First woman + black candidate with an actual likelihood of atleast one of the two to kick the oval office in the next ballot.

Obama hasnt been massive news here probably because he's invested most of his campaign fund in national jamorees- so you guys (the voting lot) see a lot more of him than we do - which makes sense really. Clinton is definately front runner I'd vote for anyone who promises to sort the war out. But then again in Politician language; "Promises are there to be broken".

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wikipedia is getting allot more reliable since its birth but teachers still won't allow u to use it as a credible source :(

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Based on the polls, Clinton has the Democratic nomination in her pocket. And it looks like [SIZE=-1]Giuliani's[/SIZE] leading in polls for the GOP.

·
Registered
418 Posts
im gona havta teach yall a lesson!
first of all wikipedia sucks cuz its run by people who are racist
second of all barrack obama said he might try to attack pakistan if he gets elected so he sucks
third of all hillary sucks cuz she sed shes gona continue the stinkin war on terror
fourth of all no army in the world can defeat terror..thats like saying "im starting a war on anger!"
fifth of all it doesnt matter who gets elected cuz there are hidden forces, evil racist hidden forces that are gona do wutever they please.....

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well, any presidential elect is going to continue the War on Terror, except maybe Ron Paul. He's the only remotely isolationist candidate I've heard of. And as for Barrack Obama, I doubt he'd actually invade. The last thing the U.S. needs on its hands is another invasion, especially of a nation that it considers an ally. Obama just said that to sound like he was tough on terror and because he's seen as a softy because of his relatively short time in national politics -- he was severely criticized for it too.

·
Registered
418 Posts
there can be no such thing as a war on terror, as i said.
they want two things
1)oil
2)and no one to mess with the state of israel
I support ahmadinejad's view in that we should take the whole israel/palestine region and let them vote on what should be done....and if they vote on two seperate states then the land should be divided on the basis of the two populations........if something like this happens then i assure you that the whole friggin' world would shut the hell up.
We need a Superman....u guys remember the old superman movies? i think this one was superman 4. anyway superman finds every single nuclear weapon on earth and chucks them into the sun...........then friggin bush would name superman the biggest terrorist ever.....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts