·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Dave,

Hit up the Med Studentz Lounge---its the Off-Topic chat area! :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rehan, you should put up a live web-based chat into the board. Might be a cool place to hang. Remember IRC of yesteryear? LOL

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Wouldn't a live-chat room sorta thing be going against the entire point of a forum where messages and posts are archived and saved so that others can also read/benefit from them without having to be online at that very same time? :p

I'd be interested in hearing more though about what you guys think, although I must admit I have honestly no idea as to how to implement that into this site--maybe someone else does?

But I really appreciate you guys taking a pro-active role in this community!

Props to you hrana and you too Natacha! :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Rehan said:
Wouldn't a live-chat room sorta thing be going against the entire point of a forum where messages and posts are archived and saved so that others can also read/benefit from them without having to be online at that very same time? :p

I'd be interested in hearing more though about what you guys think, although I must admit I have honestly no idea as to how to implement that into this site--maybe someone else does?

But I really appreciate you guys taking a pro-active role in this community!

Props to you hrana and you too Natacha! :D
Yeh I agree with you. I'm 100% just for just the forum.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Rehan said:
Wouldn't a live-chat room sorta thing be going against the entire point of a forum where messages and posts are archived and saved so that others can also read/benefit from them without having to be online at that very same time?
I dont think the live chat room would hinder the forum at all because in order for people to chat, there has to be more than 1 person online and the majority of the time there is only 1 or 2 people visiting this site at a time. So, either way once they log on in order to catch up to what's being dicussed they have to read the forum. Also, if there is a real good conversation going on in the chat room it'd give people a chance to get to know one another and that is part of the reason why people go to certain websites. Thats what I think, I dont know if it makes any since?

Rehan said:
I have honestly no idea as to how to implement that into this site--maybe someone else does?
This site has some free chat rooms for personal websites and stuff...
http://www.freecenter.com/chat.html

Rehan:
Props to you hrana and you too Natacha!
Thanks! Same to you! :lol:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I totally agree with Rehan...one thing I like about this website is that all messages are saved...so even if we miss one or two days, we can always come back, read and be up-to-date. Also some of the links provided here...like for medical school studies, and others like which site to go to, to put a picture up...are all really helpful and great links; I can always come here, and go to those sites coz they are saved. If we put up a chat thing, people might just start asking questions there to whoever is online, and others might be missing out on some important information which they could have also benefited from.

Yea so that's what I think...if you wanna chat with someone...you can get their e-mail address..msn ids aim, yahoo or whatever and ask specific questions. However, if people still want the chat room here on this site...then I guess we can do it, but just make sure that we don't just limit our comments and suggestions to whoever is chatting online in the chat room. Important information, websites, helpful links, and others should be saved like they are right now so future members and present members can always check back and benefit from them.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Unfortunately we're unable to implement this feature at this point in time but I'm hoping that we will be able to later on.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions! :)

-LOCKED-

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Chat section added!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts