Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there.
I'll be going to Pakistan in August/Sept, I was just wondering which med schools I'll be able to apply to, will some have already passed the deadlines, or will they still be open for applicants?

Also, does anybody know how things are set up at AKU? I'd really like to get in, but I'd like to know a bit about it before I apply.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
hi there.
I'll be going to Pakistan in August/Sept, I was just wondering which med schools I'll be able to apply to, will some have already passed the deadlines, or will they still be open for applicants?

Also, does anybody know how things are set up at AKU? I'd really like to get in, but I'd like to know a bit about it before I apply.

Thanks.
In August you should be able to apply to all of the private and public medical colleges. However you should know that getting the IBCC equivalence certificate is the most important document you need in order to apply to a medical college and getting that piece of paper can sometimes take quite a bit of time. I'd suggest you come as early as July so that some stupid delay doesn't make you miss an entire year. But yeah, Lahore Medical College, Shifa College, and a bunch of others will be accepting applications at that time.

Aga Khan is a great school. They have a great faculty, amazing facilities, and have a larger budget than any other medical college in Pakistan. In terms of foreigners, I don't believe there are very many at all. It is mostly Pakistani students who get in because of their amazing grades and also some Ismaili students who get in because they belong to the same Islamic denomination that the Aga Khan himself belongs to. I may be mistaken but I don't believe there are many Americans or Canadians studying there.

Since you're coming to Pakistan anyways, I'd recommend you plan out a lot of time from your trip to visit all the different colleges you're thinking of applying. Nothing we write here can substitute just going there and checking them out. And if you do go, please take pictures to share with everyone else on here.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Aga Khan Medical is the KING of all medical colleges. Their budget is probably greater than ALL medical schools in the entire Pakistan COMBINED. You have to be super bright and talented to get into AKU and its definetly worth it!!! I mean they could probably teach 500 medical students per year with their facilities but instead admit around 70 or so.

My opinion if someone is REALLY serious about Aga Khan, to do pre med from USA and take the MCATS and get above 24. That way you can apply in usa AND aga khan which would be just as good as any American Medical School IF NOT BETTER because the one you get admitted to in usa besides harvard or yale wont compare to aga khan and the amount of paki patients youll see.

·
Registered
12 Posts
how long will IBCC take

umm rehan u said that in order to get the IBCC cert in time we should come by july. But as I am going to be doing my A levels it is impossible because the results come mid-Aug. What should i do?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
umm rehan u said that in order to get the IBCC cert in time we should come by july. But as I am going to be doing my A levels it is impossible because the results come mid-Aug. What should i do?
As soon as you get your results, apply to get your IBCC equivalence completed. Hopefully you won't run into any problems and they'll do it in a week.

The standard time for IBCC to process an application if there are zero problems in it is about one week. I only urge foreign students to come as early as possible in case there is a problem and they have to wait for new documents to arrive from their home country.

·
Registered
12 Posts
can u plz tell me what are the documents needed. If this ques has been asked previously please send me the link.
Also can u answer the questions i have asked in my posted thread?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts