Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do if you couldn't do medicine

#confused #eek #sorry #baffled

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
I definitely would have done engineering, with some sort of biology integration. Symmetry and straight lines rock my socks. #nerd

Although I've already decided that if I fail out of med school in Pakistan i'm just going to become a radio dj there. I'm convinced that I could still do a better job than most of them while jumping with one hand tied behind my back on a pogo stick.#yes

Anyone who has been subjected to Pakistani radio has my sympathies.

·
Registered
418 Posts
i really dont think anybody couldnt get admission into MBBS.......cuz theres always china!!

but what i wouldve done would be some courses in journalism along with some science degree and ask national geographic to give me a job for their magazine........go around the world!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
After paying the fees,no one will dare thinking of something else.They have to now stuck to the same field.But if after graduation they want to pursue something else alongwith mediine,there is nothing bad in it.Most probably i go for css or mba n will stuck to it#wink

·
Registered
173 Posts
CSS foriegn services or some hi-tech engineering like Electronics/Robotics/Biomed. but I m gonna be a doc! so its better than anything i reckon!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would study math. Nothing is as fun as math, except maybe cutting people open haha.. And I would have been like those crazy proffesors just obsessed with math.. math math math all day long! #eek
Or I would try to be a pilot for commercial airlines. Yes, I'm a girl, but girls can be pilots too, right?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Haha wow interesting question

I would probably go into teaching if medicine wasn't an option. Not sure what level, college/university would be impressive but high school teaching has its own charm. I'd love to teach history or poli sci because there's so much room for discussion in those subjects.

Either that or I'd wanna pursue a career in Chemistry because I find it the most interesting of the 3 basic sciences #happy

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
I would study math. Nothing is as fun as math, except maybe cutting people open haha.. And I would have been like those crazy proffesors just obsessed with math.. math math math all day long! #eek
Or I would try to be a pilot for commercial airlines. Yes, I'm a girl, but girls can be pilots too, right?
Math rules. So does flying.

·
Registered
418 Posts
the words they use in astrophysics are so darn impressive!

"4.5 light year away, the space-time continuum has been bent out of proportion leading to proof that the shape of the universe is a horse shoe"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Astrophysicis sounds cool, but I could never do something that abstract.
That's why I'll never go into psychiatry.
It's interesting that no one here has something with social studies as an alternative..
Are we all just a bunch of science geeks? #confused

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
I've thought about that myself, and the answer I come up with is that social studies are way too easy for brains like ours :)

I don't feel like I need to sit in a classroom, pay a ton of money for tuition and books to learn about things like society or psychology since it's easy enough to figure out on your own. All you really need are good observational skills. I do find it interesting, but completely uncomplicated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Errm..I wud'v gone for Aeronautical engineering.. And i say so cos I got in for it like two times in SA... Aeronautix is some hard core stuff - very interesting, indeed!!
But arrgghh... Medicine, medicine, medicine had ALWAYS been my aim, Alhumdullilah!!!

...OR i wud hv done some kinda PhD in organic chemistry...OR prolly some hectic stuff in Maths - LOVE it!!!

*** Proudly, a science geek***

·
Registered
26 Posts
I completely agree with you MastahRiz.
I remember a course I hade at the university last year. It was medical psychology and it was SO easy. I remember think "well duuhhh" all the time while I was reading the book.
I have some friends who study some kind of social studies, and they're always complaining of how much they have to read and how difficult it is.. Suuuure it is.
They wouldn't survive a week doing what we do.
Basically, what I'm trying to say (agreeing with MastahRiz) is that we, all of us, RULE!#cool

·
Registered
418 Posts
Basically, what I'm trying to say (agreeing with MastahRiz) is that we, all of us, RULE!#cool
say it loud! say it proud, levic!

the doctor is the most celebrated position in our society......By becoming doctors we challenge ourselves to achieve the highest levels of human potential!!!

im just glad nobody said they wanted to be some kind of banker!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've thought about that myself, and the answer I come up with is that social studies are way too easy for brains like ours :)

I don't feel like I need to sit in a classroom, pay a ton of money for tuition and books to learn about things like society or psychology since it's easy enough to figure out on your own. All you really need are good observational skills. I do find it interesting, but completely uncomplicated.

So true #wink ...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts