Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now what! admissions arn't open in any university now ...what do you guys plan to do???

·
Registered
312 Posts
well you should have applied to a private medical college too...now look for colleges that still have some seats left..or you could repeat...because I can tell you that students with less than 84% don't have a chance now in any government medical college for mbbs.

the merit has risen so much this year that it is scary....what is this world coming to...? it is, like, humanly impossible to get into a government medical college now...something needs to be done ...the education policies and syllabi are to be revised because if this keeps up, then soon thousands of well deserving students won't make it to government colleges.

·
Registered
97 Posts
do 84.13 has any chance left in 2nd list bkn? plz tell & what about bds list. m asking for my friend.,who is so disappointed now

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well you should have applied to a private medical college too...now look for colleges that still have some seats left..or you could repeat...because I can tell you that students with less than 84% don't have a chance now in any government medical college for mbbs.

the merit has risen so much this year that it is scary....what is this world coming to...? it is, like, humanly impossible to get into a government medical college now...something needs to be done ...the education policies and syllabi are to be revised because if this keeps up, then soon thousands of well deserving students won't make it to government colleges.
cant afford private:( ,i applied for kashmir too but sitting idle and waiting till march will be a bad idea, i got many offer letters for some bs courses that i applied for but didnt availed cuz my parents were sure that i will get in atleast in BDS but i dont see any chance like such

- - - Updated - - -

bds merit will be almost 83.5-84

·
Registered
312 Posts
do 84.13 has any chance left in 2nd list bkn? plz tell & what about bds list. m asking for my friend.,who is so disappointed now
I am sorry but I don't really know...his/her name can come up but one can never be too sure...tell him/her to apply to a private medical college too...

what about you??? did you make it?

- - - Updated - - -

cant afford private:( ,i applied for kashmir too but sitting idle and waiting till march will be a bad idea, i got many offer letters for some bs courses that i applied for but didnt availed cuz my parents were sure that i will get in atleast in BDS but i dont see any chance like such

- - - Updated - - -

bds merit will be almost 83.5-84

yes I understand...keep faith in ALLAH Almighty....IA your name will make it to the list...

Its also hard for my parents to pay my fee too.. given that my brother is also in a private medical college and now I will be too (IA)

don't worry there is always next year!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so now no options for 83.xyz students:cry:, they would all have to repeat:cry:thats sooo unfortunate:cry:, does any private college has 3 lakh fee per year, and admissions still open??? plz inform if any....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bkn ! Soory but i dnt agree to u ! There is no need for the revision for the syllabi ! Cz seats to utni hi rehni hain ! Abhi bhi wohi loog ghai hain jin ka merit tha ! Bhlai merit 70% par a jaye ! Farq nhi parta ! Ya 99 % par hoo seats to 3200 hain aur occupy abhi bhi 84.3 % walon nai kii hain ! Tb bhi itnai loogon nai karni hai ! Balkai its good sense of competition is growing in my country ! Chlo koi aik field to hai jahan itnaa merit hai ! And sifariah na kai brabar hai ! Happy with it

I forgot to write in english hope u all can understand my urdu !

·
Registered
312 Posts
Bkn ! Soory but i dnt agree to u ! There is no need for the revision for the syllabi ! Cz seats to utni hi rehni hain ! Abhi bhi wohi loog ghai hain jin ka merit tha ! Bhlai merit 70% par a jaye ! Farq nhi parta ! Ya 99 % par hoo seats to 3200 hain aur occupy abhi bhi 84.3 % walon nai kii hain ! Tb bhi itnai loogon nai karni hai ! Balkai its good sense of competition is growing in my country ! Chlo koi aik field to hai jahan itnaa merit hai ! And sifariah na kai brabar hai ! Happy with it

Oh God I didnt get a word you wrote :p

·
Registered
78 Posts
moderator is coming ho haha ha ha

·
Registered
24 Posts
i think uhs should take mcat every six months.. cause they take additional six months in admission process that will equal a year.. they should clearly tell after result of mcat that all those below this specific should consider other options. those with 83% should not be treated like this not even included in yhe waiting list.. so dissappointed... private medical colleges are not for humans those are for the rich....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Asalamu alikum wr wb!
Guys, wait for the BDS list to come out. Insha Allah I think there is hope in there. I hope so.
I know it is real unfortunate. More unfortunate is that our country doesn't have that many medical colleges to accomodate the ones with 80%-83% marks! These people are hardworking students and do deserve a chance!

I think there is also something like a 3rd and 4th medical merit list. So lets pray you guys get in there. :/

And if there seems to be a no chance, then choose BSC programs of different universities. as suggested above UOL can be an option. The universities with "semester system " opens admission twice or thrice in a year. Something like "spring semester", "fall" , "winter" etc.
There is University of central punjab (UCP) which might open admission again anytime soon.
And there is LSE too.
Colleges like Kinnaird and GC. Did you people give them a call?

- - - Updated - - -

@ imran: U call that gibberish urdu? :/ Urdu is a beautiful langugae! :cautious:
But what little I understood of your post, I couldn't agree more! My opinion is also same like yours.

Nothing is happenning to the world save "survival of the fittest"!
Why are you so critical of this good improvement that our country is going through.

All "developing countries" go through this stage. People who are trully hardworking and deserving make it at the top. this is nothing but a healthy "COMPETITION". There is nothing wrong or fishy going on in here but only the competition getting tougher with the passage of time. That is the way of the world. Next generation is intellectually more superior to the prior.
People from far away rular areas are making to the medical colleges based on pure merit and HARD WORK! We are really proud of them.
People like me who are lower in merit should have worked "equally hard"! (I know some people might have worked equally hard but still didn't recieve what they deserved due to MANY reasons. This might just be a trial then.)

But one thing I woud like to point out. I know this MCAT is more of cramming stuff. It is highly "information based" and so not a true measure of one's intelligence. The PATTERN of MCAT needs a lot of improvement. they should get down on cramming and add more analytical approach to it. Study System like that in USA. :)

@ rockstar: Last year difference in 1st and 2nd list was only 0.2 or max 0.4 percent. Not more than this!
But this year of course the "predictions" weren't that correct and the result was really unexpected! So nothing can be said about the "difference" this year.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I disagree to some extent. I think the problem is not with the MCAT but with the FSc system. There should be one unanimous body that should check all the papers. I don't mean to point fingers but there are so many students who have 950+ marks in FSc but don't even know the most basic things about their subjects.

I am quite fond of the MCAT system. You have biology which is the cramming part, Physics which is the analytical part and Chemistry which is a combination of both. There is also no bias in the checking whereas in your FSc papers there are a hundred and one factors that determine your marks. It could be the checker's mood and what not. It is, imo, a muddled system.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts