Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After using those super slow 20 rupees "Net Cards," I got Micronet DSL for about 3 months now. Speed is 256 kbps, however download goes upto 25 kbps. Iam on a 1.50 GB allowance every month and am paying a thousand rupees every month. However IF i pay before my due date they let me keep my unused allowance like 500MB or whatever i have.

What do you guys have?

Anyone have any info on the PTCL-V wireless connection /internet ???

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
We use Dancom Broadband and pay similar rates, have a 384 kbps download, and have a 6GB download limit...but there's 3 of us living here. Brought a WiFi router from back home and we can get online from the TV lounge or anywhere else in the apartment so that comes in handy.

2 years ago it used to be unlimited for Rs. 4000/month with Dancom but people started abusing the setup by opening up net cafes and downloading like crazy so now we pay per GB....kinda sucks but oh well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wateen will be launching soon. The service will comprise of WiMAX. There will broadband internet and many other features. This will also bring competition for Worldcall.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Multinet is a new one with different packages but they crash often during the day etc.

One of my friends uses a comsats package, gets 32kbps all the time but its expensive, 1500 for 2 gb!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts