Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am new here in this forum i am an born pakistani but am an citizen of New York meaning i am an American Passport holder at the moment i am in pakistan doing A levels i wanted to ask that after A levels can i get admission in any medical colleges in New York or in any other state

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well mr mastahriz i am very well aware that i am the citizen of th whole america i think u misread my question , my question is that after A levels can i directly get admission in any american medical college i mean directly after a levels can i get admisssion

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am sorry MADEHA, but you can in now way get an admission in a medical school in New York or any states of the US after just finishing A levels; A levels is not even close to pre-med in US. In order for you to go to a medical school in US you MUST FIRST finish four years of college (get a bachelor's degree). After that you are required to give MCAT (I think that's the name of the test that you give in order to go to a medical school) and if you pass in that test had good grades in college, have a good resume (internships, volunteer work, etc.), and are compatible enough, then can you be admitted into a medical school. Other then that, it's impossible.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well ok it must be like that in USA junnat but here in pakistan after a levels u can give entry test in an medical skool right???
well thats what i heard is it true that after a levels in pak i can get admisssion in medical skool cuz i think here a level is like pre med??????????

·
Registered
83 Posts
well ok it must be like that in USA junnat but here in pakistan after a levels u can give entry test in an medical skool right???
well thats what i heard is it true that after a levels in pak i can get admisssion in medical skool cuz i think here a level is like pre med??????????
MADEHA I think that you are confusing yourself with the whole GCE system and admission in Pakistan medical college.....I researched a little and found out that GCE is actually for studying in UK only, and that is for higher education studies that give you oppertunity to study and take courses as an under-graduate after completing A level, but you still have to complete your pre-medical requirements to be able to go to a medical school....you can't directly get an admission in US or UK after completing A levels.

I think since A level is something like 12/13 grade so i suppose that in Pakistan you can probably get an admission after giving the entry test or since you are US citizen applying to IBCC for admission. Here is the link to British Council Pakistan where i found the information regarding GCE and O, A Levels...also they have given the link to IBCC where it tells you what are the requirements to apply for medical college if you have finished A levels in Pakistan. Please read and hopefully it will clear the perception that you have.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Yes in Pakistan you can finish your O and A levels and then apply to medical school in Pakistan. You do have to have your O/A level scores converted however to the Pakistani FSc system which is what the IBCC office does for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys in pakistan one can directly get admission in Medical college after O and A Levels. in UK also in many universities like cambridge and oxford etc you can get directly after A levels. as far as north america is concerned which comprises of USA, Canada and MExico, one has to complete a bachelors degree of approximately of 4 years, then give MCAT and then if lucky enough gets into a medical school.

if any more confusions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The General Certificate of Education or GCE is an academic qualification that examination boards in the United Kingdom and a few of the commonwealth countries, notably Sri Lanka, confer to students. The GCE traditionally comprised two levels: the Ordinary Level (O Level) and the Advanced Level (A Level). More recently examination boards also offer an intermediate third GCE level, the Advanced Subsidiary Level (AS Level) replacing the earlier Advanced Supplementary level.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts