Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if its possible to transfer from a Punjab medical college to any in US? is it really possible ? i mean, UHS is affiliated with Texas University,Houston..so they shd be having some kind of transfer system too rite?#confused

·
Registered
539 Posts
Texas university doesnt admit they have anything to do with UHS try finding SOMETHING on their website that has the word "UHS". UHS is a joke and your pretty much stuck with them until you get your degree unfortunately its hard as it is transferring between medical schools in usa, let alone from PAKISTAN to USA!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I did search their website. They absolutely have nothing pertaining to this matter. I dont think you cud transfer to ANY medical school outside pak. Its just not possible. BTW thanks for replying !!! i was waiting for a reply..

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Foreign students have transferred to american medical schools before, but there's certain criteria you have to meet. First of all, you'd need a bachelor's degree, just like all of the medical students there have. Secondly, you'd need to be in the top of your class, with high percentages in all your subjects. Third, you'd only be able to transfer to schools that have had students drop out, leaving spots open for transfer students.

Not impossible, but yeah, highly unlikely.

·
Registered
539 Posts
nothings impossible, you just have a better chance of being the first Pakistani on mars... ok... the moon....

basically you would have to meet all of THEIR initial admission requirements AND be in good standing. So even if you were admitted, you would have to start alllll over again.. (specially since every med school goes on a different system)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i recently went on Ross Med University website and found out that if u hav done ur basic sciences(anatomy,physiology, biochem) then they dont require mcat scores. they take u in on the basis of ur marks in med shool.but then its in Carribean so wats the point of transfering from pak to caribb..its still not in US !! so ppl stay happy where u are whereever u are !!:happy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts