Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey allllll ,

how are you dears?? i found such forum by incidence ... i'm very happy really...i am a 4th year student ... i wanna ask shall i prepare for my USMLE from now or wait till graduation inshaALLAH #angry ?? i mean some people take step 1 now before graduation

pleaseeee can anyone help me and tell me about that matter??

thanks in advance my dear colleagues #wink

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
You know a lot of people ask this question. As far as I know, it's only been theorized and never actually tested. I don't know a single person who took Step 1 early (in fourth year) and still got a great score (let's say 90+). What I do know is that it's extremely hard to worry about send-ups, or term exams, prof at the end of the year, and also be studying for the USMLE.

Personally, I think it's a risk. So many people from Pakistani medical schools get above 90 after they take some time off and study properly after final year that I think it's unwise to risk that chance. If you look at how many people have already taken Steps after graduation and gotten such good scores, then why bother trying something else? A year's difference will hardly make a difference in the long run.

But, if you really have the motivation, and you really have the study habits, then yes, it's definitely possible. You'll have to make a lot of sacrifices along the way though, and study quite possibly every single day, since classes and studying for the regular school load will already be keeping you busy. I think it is possible to do it early for someone with that much discipline, but if that's not you, then why bother risking an almost perfect score?

I'm going to wait till after final year myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you much

Thank you much for your help #happy ... yeah i'd better wait ... I have no time to study community alone lol ... i'd wait like you inshaALLAH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts