Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, when i emaied Shifa they said they'd start calling people for interview from 13th October which is today. Has anyone been called yet? How does one know they been called (email, telephone call?)
Also if we post past interview questions here it'll help everyone

·
Registered
613 Posts
People who called today, say Shifa will start sending out emails tomorrow i.e the 14th of Oct.
I found some thread here for 2013s interviews. You guys should read the Official thread for Shifa interviews 2013. There was:
1. Why do you want to be a doctor?
and ethics questions like:
-If a woman who has had 7 children comes for an abortion what would you do?
-Would u carry out an abortion on a raped girl?

I think we should all google ethics questions and discuss them here! That's basically how they will judge I guess.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wait whats happening tomorrow? Is a list being uploaded? Will it be uploaded in batches or all at once?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anyone gets an email today please do let us know! Also mention your aggregate out of 87.5
Good luck :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm kinda glad you said that
Neither have I!
I'm so worried now and when I emailed them they said this "You will be receiving an email from our side . We have sent emails to the selected students for interviews .
If you havent receive any email then you may have not been selected."
Extra freaked me out >.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm kinda glad you said that
Neither have I!
I'm so worried now and when I emailed them they said this "You will be receiving an email from our side . We have sent emails to the selected students for interviews .
If you havent receive any email then you may have not been selected."
Extra freaked me out >.

CALL THEM IF SOMEONE DOESNT GET AN EMAIL with aggregate above 63! I just did and the woman is like, 'I dont understand why you didnt receive it. I will convey this to the admission cell right away! You are listed here but you didnt get an email is strange.'

Extremely careless of them! Call them people, asap!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CALL THEM IF SOMEONE DOESNT GET AN EMAIL with aggregate above 63! I just did and the woman is like, 'I dont understand why you didnt receive it. I will convey this to the admission cell right away! You are listed here but you didnt get an email is strange.'

Extremely careless of them! Call them people, asap!
what about with 61.2 aggregate :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interview Email

I just received my email from STMU admissions for my interview. Its on 23rd oct 8 AM. My aggregate excluding the interview is 62.57.
Could someone please tell me the type of questions i will be asked at my interview ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
People who called today, say Shifa will start sending out emails tomorrow i.e the 14th of Oct.
I found some thread here for 2013s interviews. You guys should read the Official thread for Shifa interviews 2013. There was:
1. Why do you want to be a doctor?
and ethics questions like:
-If a woman who has had 7 children comes for an abortion what would you do?
-Would u carry out an abortion on a raped girl?

I think we should all google ethics questions and discuss them here! That's basically how they will judge I guess.

Am I the only one who's stumped as to how this should be answered? The first one's easy but the next two....
If this question was asked in a place like London, the answer is simple: it's their right and you have to do it.
But considering that this is an Islamic state and Islam condemns abortions...what then? How do you answer this?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts