Medical Students Forums banner
441 - 460 of 891 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
one more q, if a student applies towards end of june, how soon can/will they let her know about interview or acceptance etc?
First off, I don't know if you can start applying in June. I'm not sure on the exact date when Shifa starts accepting applications but it usually continues to accept them until late September or October. The interview list will be posted after the application deadline had passed, about a week or so after the entrance exam. The acceptance list is finalized shortly after interviews.

Thanks dude..
Glad to help. :7up:

P.S. it's dudette

·
Registered
87 Posts
First off, I don't know if you can start applying in June. I'm not sure on the exact date when Shifa starts accepting applications but it usually continues to accept them until late September or October. The interview list will be posted after the application deadline had passed, about a week or so after the entrance exam. The acceptance list is finalized shortly after interviews.

Glad to help. :7up:

P.S. it's dudette
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]I recently emailed Shifa and they told me I can apply as soon as I get all my paperwork together so I guess there accepting applications for the upcoming year.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Sorry MedGrunt, your Speedy Gonzales icon threw me off. Not to many dudette's are familiar with the classical looney tunes characters .[/FONT]

·
Registered
254 Posts
There are going to be two entry test this time. I got that info from shifa admission office. Last time they didn't have enough space to accomodate all students!

The last date for getting the prospectus for Shifa College of Medicine is 4th August as the guy at the office told me!

Also the test is on 17th August!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is there a test site in the US? How can foreign students take the entrance exam (without physically traveling to Pakistan)?

I know they have alternatives but you cant be sure you'll reach the bench mark on the MCAT so its a risk. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Is there a test site in the US? How can foreign students take the entrance exam (without physically traveling to Pakistan)?

I know they have alternatives but you cant be sure you'll reach the bench mark on the MCAT so its a risk. Any suggestions?
No, there is not a test site in the US. Even though foreigners are allowed to take the entrance test, very few actually do(definitely not enough to warrant test sites within the US). Most foreigners apply through the SAT II exams. I'm not sure why someone would choose to take the MCAT exam over SAT IIs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No, there is not a test site in the US. Even though foreigners are allowed to take the entrance test, very few actually do(definitely not enough to warrant test sites within the US). Most foreigners apply through the SAT II exams. I'm not sure why someone would choose to take the MCAT exam over SAT IIs.
Yeah I wanted to take the sat II's but its not being offered anytime during the summer, the next possible date is in Oct. I waited to long to find out about the June date, didnt have enough time to review the material for all three exams at once.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah I wanted to take the sat II's but its not being offered anytime during the summer, the next possible date is in Oct. I waited to long to find out about the June date, didnt have enough time to review the material for all three exams at once.
Well then, u will have to take the college test!! Start revising, it will only take one month. Its basically memorising the FSc books!!

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
By MCAT were you referring to the US MCAT exam or the entry tests in Pakistan? Sometimes the entrance tests are also referred to as the MCAT.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The prospectus is just a little booklet of info about Shifa. Basically just bragging about their facilities and achievements. It also has a very short section of sample questions (a couple of questions in each subject) and a topic list for their entrance exam.

Not at all necessary. If anyone is planning on taking the entrance test they might want to get it for the topic list, but even that is just listing all the topics from the FSc books.
CAN SOMEONE POST THE LIST OF THESE TOPICS

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
The FSc books are the topic list. Get the FSc books and study everything in them. It's much better to study directly from the FSc books rather than trying to learn the material from other texts.

·
Registered
87 Posts
By MCAT were you referring to the US MCAT exam or the entry tests in Pakistan? Sometimes the entrance tests are also referred to as the MCAT.
I was referring to the standardized US MCAT. Flying to Islamabad from the US just for an exam is and leaving right after is a bit over the edge. Classes dont start until december so its way to long of a gap.

What if someone uses the alternatives to the admission test (ie MCAT) and doesn't get the needed 24 but instead get like a 21 or 22 and its to late to take the admission exam at shifa, are you automatically disqualified from the admissions selection?

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
I was referring to the standardized US MCAT. Flying to Islamabad from the US just for an exam is and leaving right after is a bit over the edge. Classes dont start until december so its way to long of a gap.

What if someone uses the alternatives to the admission test (ie MCAT) and doesn't get the needed 24 but instead get like a 21 or 22 and its to late to take the admission exam at shifa, are you automatically disqualified from the admissions selection?
Yes, if you don't meet the requirements your application will not be considered. Shifa has so many applicants every year that it is doubtful that they would be willing to lower their standards.

Just study hard and hopefully you won't have to worry about that #cool

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, if you don't meet the requirements your application will not be considered. Shifa has so many applicants every year that it is doubtful that they would be willing to lower their standards.

Just study hard and hopefully you won't have to worry about that #cool
Thanks for replying..

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #455 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
and also cant do alternatives cz they dnt hold them in uk...
I thought the same, but have now discovered that it IS possible to do both SAT IIs and MCAT in the UK, you just have to look really hard in their websites to avoid the dead-ends (one which says the nearest test-centre is Dubai!!). For SAT IIs, it often looks like the London venue (American School in London) is full, but you can book another venue (eg Durham) and usually turn up in London anyway. Next chance for SAT IIs is October though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are going to be two entry test this time. I got that info from shifa admission office. Last time they didn't have enough space to accomodate all students!

The last date for getting the prospectus for Shifa College of Medicine is 4th August as the guy at the office told me!

when will be the second test

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi my name is Tehreem

I am interested in applying to Shifa in the future but I have some questions. For those of you who attended Shifa what was it like? What's the atmosphere like? How hard was it to get in? What is a typical day for you at Shifa??

btw I would be applying as a foreinger so what kinds of challenges or advantages would that pose for me??

If anyone has info regarding SHifa It would really help me out. THanks

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Hi my name is Tehreem

I am interested in applying to Shifa in the future but I have some questions. For those of you who attended Shifa what was it like? What's the atmosphere like? How hard was it to get in? What is a typical day for you at Shifa??

btw I would be applying as a foreinger so what kinds of challenges or advantages would that pose for me??

If anyone has info regarding SHifa It would really help me out. THanks
Welcome to the forum Tehreem! :)
There's tons of great info in this thread about Shifa and I'm certain that all of your questions have already been answered. It's a bit lengthy but if you take the time to read through this thread it will definitely be worth it. You'll get a pretty complete picture about life at Shifa as everything from the admission process to Shifa dress code has been already been discussed.

If you still have any questions after reading the thread, feel free to ask. There's a fairly large base of current Shifa students on the forum (myself included).

441 - 460 of 891 Posts