Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1200 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys , just wanted to know have you people got addmission in shifa ? If yes can you pls help me out ?

- - - Updated - - -

Just ignore that question please . I just realized you guys are also applying this year. Are you guys going for foreign seats or local seats?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys , just wanted to know have you people got addmission in shifa ? If yes can you pls help me out ?

- - - Updated - - -

Just ignore that question please . I just realized you guys are also applying this year. Are you guys going for foreign seats or local seats?
Hey!! I'm planning on applying on the foreign seat, just because I'm not exactly sure if I'll be able to go to Pakistan take the entrance exam. But if I'm able to go I'm definitely applying for both seats.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll be applying for a foreign seat too, I've heard their local exam is very difficult (not sure how true that is), as compared to the SATs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya planning to apply in shifa but dont know what was last yr merit and also there is issue of hostel

Check the documents on the Shifa website under Home -> Publication Downloads -> Admission 2016 (you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page) it has all the informatoin about the merit lists from last year. The aggregate for foreigner last year way 89-76 I believe.
What issue is there with the hostel?

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone taken their SAT II or submitted their documents to IBCC for an Equivalence Certificate?

·
Registered
40 Posts
What does aggregate mean? And does 89-76 mean that people with that percentage got in?

*EDIT*
Also the pdf on their website says something about a '1st list' with about 20 names on them, does that mean there is a second list with more people who get in?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Aggregate means sum of 10% marks of your matric or O level and 40% of your fsc or A level and 37.5% of your test or SAT score ... yes sometime when the students whose names are present in the first list reject to join the uni then there is a space for other students so they put the second list of students but its not necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you guys planning to apply in bumdc?(bahria medical and dental college)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What does aggregate mean? And does 89-76 mean that people with that percentage got in?

*EDIT*
Also the pdf on their website says something about a '1st list' with about 20 names on them, does that mean there is a second list with more people who get in?
Zareena_jan is right, all the information is on Shifa's website. Just go through all the tabs and you'll see all the information. I'm pretty sure there's a pdf with Final Selection on it, that has all the names of the students that got accepted AND paid there fees so they are selected, all they have to do is sit in on the interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Aggregate means sum of 10% marks of your matric or O level and 40% of your fsc or A level and 37.5% of your test or SAT score ... yes sometime when the students whose names are present in the first list reject to join the uni then there is a space for other students so they put the second list of students but its not necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you guys planning to apply in bumdc?(bahria medical and dental college)
No, right now I'm only planning on applying to Shifa and DIMC. Maaaybe AKU if my SAT II scores are really good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey everyone, I'm planning on starting a WhatsApp group chat. Send me a private message with your number if your interested in joining!! I think it'll be an easier way to communicate :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Minahil,

Yeah I recently talked to a few people who study in Shifa and they told me that most of them had straight As or A*s. It's a pretty hard school to get into by the looks of it!

1 - 20 of 1200 Posts