Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
So I completed my Alevels in 2015, pursued another degree till 2019, and now I work in the tech sector in Pakistan. Due to a few reasons, I couldnt pursue med school back then but I have been wanting to try now. I am 26 years old and if I apply next year, I’d be joining by the time I’m almost 28. I am also looking for some inspo since Im right at the edge of taking a leap!
My question is around the admissions criteria. I emailed PMC to get a clarification. I had pre-med subjects in O levels but had English Lit, Mathematics, Biology, Chemisty in Alevels. the PMC policy states that an Ibcc equivalence is required in the subjects of Biology, Chemisty, and Physics/Mathematics. A screenshot of this is below from when I emailed PMC for clarification.
I am confused because some colleges ask for an equivalence in the pre-med group while having math puts me outside of it, however, the admissions policy allows for math to be substituted for physics. I’d love to here back on this to get your views.
Just for some extra clarification, my equivalence when I calculated based on the formula on the ibcc website comes out to be 88%. I’d love to hear if this is adequate enough to apply to private medical colleges.
Thank you guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
65% ibcc equivalence is the criteria. You will need physics for MDCAT tho unless you decide to give SATs.
Thank you for replying! Is it a pre-requisite? I was planning on covering that on my own since I’ll have to go over inter books to cover the course right?
Are SATs an exception for the MDCAT? I’m a Pakistani citizen I dont think I can avail that exception if it exists.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts