Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I just wanted to know if there is an official ranking list for Chinese english-medium medical colleges? If there is one could you please provide a link to it. Also could international students studying medicine in China please briefly explain their experiences and how they got it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi i am currently studying here in china as final year med student. i think universities here are extremely nice but not all some are like totally
backwardopened to make money well anyways i dont knw exact about the list but the ones i know which are really good and who listed':peking medical university, xian jiaotong medical university, dalian medical university, shangdong medical university, xinjiang medical university wuhan medical university.and to get admission in here you should know someone who could help you get admission here because in china its not easy to get direct admission so be aware of that.. gud luck

·
Registered
143 Posts
Drmalik what problems do pakistani students face when they come back to pakistan to register with PMDC? and are these doctors as efficient as doctors who graduate from pakistan? and is there a big difference in fees of private medical colleges of pak and chinese medical clg yearly expense? plz reply soon... i need to decide should i go to china to persue my dreams or give up medical...:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
well as far as pmdc registeration concern there shouldnt be any problem for you if you choose the right university because alot of universities here are not even registered whith WHO. when you come here to do med you are independent whatever you do here its up to you. we have students those went back for intern in pak they did better than students from pak it all depends on students but as far as education its amazing here and we have one of the best anatomy labs in china and our hospital is very well known in our province. we also have high rate of our students passing usmle exam.also fee here in china is 5000usd/peryear tuition. acomodation is 1500usd.year.
hope it'll help you.

·
Registered
143 Posts
thanks :). total expense for studying in china is almost equal to that of private medical colleges in pak, and i could easily get admission in any private clg in pk... the thing i cant afford more then 3-4 lac Rs per year, does bds in china also have fee like 5000 USD?

·
Registered
4 Posts
well there are cheaper universities in china as well but mostly universities only accept students through their agents, like i came to china through an agent as well but you have to be beware of the fact that you should find good ones

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Want To Get Information About Studying MBBS In China

It seems to be a long process for applying in China I live in Lahore and whats the role of agents????? Can anyone help me

·
Registered
172 Posts
DR malik... plz let me know THE list of medical universities which are recognized by PMDC. I shall be grateful to u!!!
The list is no longer valid. Everyone has to take NEB exam to get PMDC's NOC.

It seems to be a long process for applying in China I live in Lahore and whats the role of agents????? Can anyone help me
It shouldn't take more than two weeks. I heard Linker's consultancy (click here) and Cucas (On this link, click the name of the university, make an account and then click Apply).

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. Recently I Got Admision In Yangtze University Of China.

its approved by who and affiliated by govt of china. but i heard some negative rumors about mbbs from china. student studied from china cant pass pmdc test and china mbbs degree have no scope or value over in pakistan. and i got scared that my degree will be useless. if these all rumors are true then. so please inform me about their study and scope.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Raa biya: i have also applied for admission in Yangtze University through SYAN CONSULTANTS..u just want to know that have you leaved pakistan or are you in the batch of march 2015 students.. i Also want to know that Is Yangtze University recognised by PMDC and WHO?? i also researched about Taishan MEdical university. i think it is best option

- - - Updated - - -

Rosequartz.... i just want to know that are Taishan medical university and Yangtze University recognised by PMDC and WHO???????? and which is the best option for us?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Rosequartz.... i just want to know that are Taishan medical university and Yangtze University recognised by PMDC and WHO???????? and which is the best option for us?
Extremely late on this one, but still...both Taishan Medical University and Yangtze University Medical School are recognized by WHO and FAIMER (<-- means you are eligible to take USMLE). Both of them are not recognized by PMDC, however Yangtze used to have PMDC recognition and its graduates even got PMDC NOCs back in 2010, but it is no more so as PMDC revoked its recognition of Chinese institutions. So, whichever Chinese medical university you study from, you will need to sit PMDC's NEB exam. The good thing is that last year most candidates passed the NEB exam (Source) and note that only graduates exempt from the NEB exam are those with the American boards or UK qualification like FRCS (or equivalent) as per PMDC rules.

As to which university is better, since Taishan Medical University is listed in the Chinese Ministry of Education's list of universities that offer English MBBS degrees to foreign students, you should aim for that. It has an affordable tuition fee, a diverse international student body, an award winning teacher community, numerous research facilities in various disciplines, 11 affiliated teaching hospitals, separate international student apartment suites and have exchange programs with 22 different countries (including US, Japan, UK, Singapore). It is the second best public institution in Shandong, after Shandong university. On the other hand, the only issue with Yangtze is that it does have this recognition for a reason unknown to me. Otherwise, there are still students heading over there to pursue their studies and majority of them are Pakistani (faculty included). It offers scholarships to all its students and has student exchange programs with 22 institutions worldwide (UK, US, Germany, South Korea to name some).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts