Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Helpers,

I have the following question:

If I study the undergraduate 5-years mbbs course at Aga Khan university, and then want to study postgraduate in USA and nearly radiology, Should I take the USMLE exam or no need?

YOurs,

tiptip

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question.

If you want to apply for a residency, then yes you do have to take the USMLE.

If you want to apply for some sort of paid or unpaid research position in radiology, then it depends on where you'll be applying to, but there are certain places that will not require you to take the USMLE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I am a final yr. student from smc. I want to get residency in surgery in the u.s. Can anyone please tell me, does our grades and marksheets have any role in getting us the residency or it is purely dependent on our USMLE scores and clinical or research experience in the u.s?

I had a supplementary in anatomy (2nd yr.) and pathology (4th yr.). Is this going to have any effect on getting me a residency in surgery or it will be purely my usmle scores and clinical & research experience in u.s that will be considered?

Please do answer this as i am abit concerned about my m.b.b.s record but i am still passionate to take usmle and go for surgery in the u.s.

May ALLAH bless u all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hasan 85,
When you apply for the residency in US they are not gonna look at your transcript or school scores at all because you are not a US graduate. They will primarily look at USMLE step 1 score and also step 2. so make sure you do well in them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts