Medical Students Forums banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
No, I don't quite agree with you. It cost RS 60000 via PTAP and RS 40000 via overseas. I cant recall the website if looked up on But there is slightly difference in fee. I'm not saying anyone is leaving any seats but obviously if someone has been accepted via PTAP and overseas they have to removed and replaced by the students in the waiting list in one of the merit list.
Please do not say things so confidently unless you know all the facts. The wrong information given on this forum can lead to wrong decisions by students which is not good.
Fact of the matter is that students admitted through HEC foreign seats pay anywhere between $6300 US to $18000 US per year, depending on their college of choice. Anyway, US$6300 is the minimum fee.
Students selected through PTAP pays annual tuition fee equivalent to the local students. In majority of KPK colleges it’s few thousand rupees per year.
people may leave PTAP seat for reasons other than money. E.g one guy selected through PTAP this year in Ayub Medical College opted to leave that seat and decided to go to Khyber Medical College on HEC seats, because he is living in close vicinity to KMC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I checked and Shifa does seem to have a more usmle oriented system..so you might benefit somewhat more from their education. If the money doesn't make much of a difference go to Shifa...but going to pmu won't be a bad choice either..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please do not say things so confidently unless you know all the facts. The wrong information given on this forum can lead to wrong decisions by students which is not good.
Fact of the matter is that students admitted through HEC foreign seats pay anywhere between $6300 US to $18000 US per year, depending on their college of choice. Anyway, US$6300 is the minimum fee.
Students selected through PTAP pays annual tuition fee equivalent to the local students. In majority of KPK colleges it’s few thousand rupees per year.
people may leave PTAP seat for reasons other than money. E.g one guy selected through PTAP this year in Ayub Medical College opted to leave that seat and decided to go to Khyber Medical College on HEC seats, because he is living in close vicinity to KMC.
What are the hec foreign seats, where can I see them? The main overseas seats have a higher average to get into and I thought they paid the same money...

·
Registered
5 Posts
What are the hec foreign seats, where can I see them? The main overseas seats have a higher average to get into and I thought they paid the same money...
May not be applicable to you if you are from Punjab

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im not here to argue and i truly respect what you have said just wanted to let you know that i strongly believe anything i have said is true where you like the fact or not. I have also mentioned that there might be slight difference in fee so if you have read that you would have understood. Regarding Hec the fee is $6000 for foreign candidates in the top medical colleges in kpk luckily I have been enrolled into one so i know what I'm talking about. I'm not sure about Punjab but it says on HEC website that candidates with Punjab domicile are NOT eligible. Just to sum up students has been allocate colleges based on the colleges priority list they have summited during their application via KMU portal. There are few students who have been accepted into their desired medical college via Ptap, HEC and overseas Pakistani seats therefore they have been asked to select whichever way they would like to enroll so why would someone wants to pay much more via HEC if they can enroll via ptap or overseas seats into their desired medical college. I would suggest, next time you read any message properly and do in depth research before claiming someone info to be wrong. I do keep other students in mind when writing any message and would never want to lead anyone astray intentionally. Sorry if have been a bit harsh. I hope this was enough to satisfy you.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im not here to argue and i truly respect what you have said just wanted to let you know that i strongly believe anything i have said is true where you like the fact or not. I have also mentioned that there might be slight difference in fee so if you have read that you would have understood. Regarding Hec the fee is $6000 for foreign candidates in the top medical colleges in kpk luckily I have been enrolled into one so i know what I'm talking about. I'm not sure about Punjab but it says on HEC website that candidates with Punjab domicile are NOT eligible. Just to sum up students has been allocate colleges based on the colleges priority list they have summited during their application via KMU portal. There are few students who have been accepted into their desired medical college via Ptap, HEC and overseas Pakistani seats therefore they have been asked to select whichever way they would like to enroll so why would someone wants to pay much more via HEC if they can enroll via ptap or overseas seats into their desired medical college. I would suggest, next time you read any message properly and do in depth research before claiming someone info to be wrong. I do keep other students in mind when writing any message and would never want to lead anyone astray intentionally. Sorry if have been a bit harsh. I hope this was enough to satisfy you.
Hey dude, just wanted to jump in. I understand that it’s not your intention to mislead so I am not going to critique you but you haven’t actually done PTAP and can’t be sure of what you say. A YouTuber/blogger by the name of Medtastic Days is actually currently enrolled through PTAP and in her guide she specifically mentions that the PTAP is the same as local fees. Now I don’t know why people might choose HEC over PTAP but I am more inclined to believe Medtastic Days over you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey dude, just wanted to jump in. I understand that it’s not your intention to mislead so I am not going to critique you but you haven’t actually done PTAP and can’t be sure of what you say. A YouTuber/blogger by the name of Medtastic Days is actually currently enrolled through PTAP and in her guide she specifically mentions that the PTAP is the same as local fees. Now I don’t know why people might choose HEC over PTAP but I am more inclined to believe Medtastic Days over you.
Hi buddy, yes, i have seen her videos. She does explain things very well. The reason why someone would choose HEC over Ptap is because of the merit. Merit via Ptap is higher compared to HEC. I did apply via Ptap but didn't make it because my aggregate is below 85. Aggregate varies year to year and yes the fee is same as per local students. Hope it helped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your explanation, However I still believe your post needs further explanation.To begin with, You clearly said that there is very nominal difference between HEC and PTAP fee. I don’t agree with this statement. Can you please explain your statement “it cost 60000 as PTAP and 40000 as overseas “??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for your explanation, However I still believe your post needs further explanation.To begin with, You clearly said that there is very nominal difference between HEC and PTAP fee. I don’t agree with this statement. Can you please explain your statement “it cost 60000 as PTAP and 40000 as overseas “??
Absolutely, it would cost you around 60000 rupees if your name mentioned in ptap merit list and so on. I think i have not said very nominal difference between HEC and PTAP fee. In fact there is Hugh difference between HEC[$6000 for kpk colleges] and ptap fee and slight difference between ptap and OPF[ overseas Pakistani foundation ] fee. If you are still not clear i would suggest you to email or visit to wherever you would like to enroll they should help you out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
are you imran khan, the guy who got into KMU via PTAP?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
asyedct did you join dow yet through ptap
if so can you let me know the process what did you do after dow received ur nomination letter
when did they issue u a roll number?

·
Registered
7 Posts
asyedct did you join dow yet through ptap
if so can you let me know the process what did you do after dow received ur nomination letter
when did they issue u a roll number?
For me, it's prbly going to take a month for my university to properly register me and issue a roll number. Don't know how that compares to you or kahnji.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts