Medical Students Forums banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi guys,

I just wanted to give you a heads up if you are from USA and going to med school in Pakistan . You will NOT be able to continue or apply to residency programs in USA with a Pakistani degree (no matter the school) if you graduate after 2024. This is according to the ECFMG 2024 announcement which I have linked below. Pakistani medical schools are not accredited by the WFME and it takes 6 years to become accredited. It is now 2021 and the rule starts 2024 which is only three years.

ECFMG Medical School Accreditation Requirement Moved to 2024 - ECFMG News

·
Registered
27 Posts
i got into CMH multan but i dont know if its worth it
ill be paying 12000 usd per year but i dont know if the uni is eligible for usmle
you wont be eligible for USMLE anyway if your graduation year is after 2024.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes it's usually 10-15% , lots of Canadians coming in , u from Calgary?
Please go check my most recent disscussion out that I started regarding Pakistani medical schools. I think its important for you to look at for a split second if you are an American applying to Pakistan and plan on going back to the USA to practice there as a physician. The discussion is very recent on the Pakistan Medical School thread and is called "HEC, PTAP, Foreigners applying to Pakistan. READ THIS FIRST".

·
Registered
26 Posts
I couldn't make it as well I am on waiting list position 21
the guy above me who made it to the list had 86.14% and my merit is 86.11%
just because of a difference of 0.03% I couldn't make it
Don't worry bro. you are going to make it. Three selected students on ptap list have also been accepted into KMU via overseas Pakistani seats. So most likely they are going to give up ptap seat as overseas seat cost less. you can go to below link to see the names of selected overseas students.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't worry bro. you are going to make it. Three selected students on ptap list have also been accepted into KMU via overseas Pakistani seats. So most likely they are going to give up ptap seat as overseas seat cost less. you can go to below link to see the names of selected overseas students.
The fees through PTAP is the same as local open merit fees, idk how much Overseas is tho in kmu but I'm pretty sure no one would leave their seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The fees through PTAP is the same as local open merit fees, idk how much Overseas is tho in kmu but I'm pretty sure no one would leave their seat.
No, I don't quite agree with you. It cost RS 60000 via PTAP and RS 40000 via overseas. I cant recall the website if looked up on But there is slightly difference in fee. I'm not saying anyone is leaving any seats but obviously if someone has been accepted via PTAP and overseas they have to removed and replaced by the students in the waiting list in one of the merit list.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No, I don't quite agree with you. It cost RS 60000 via PTAP and RS 40000 via overseas. I cant recall the website if looked up on But there is slightly difference in fee. I'm not saying anyone is leaving any seats but obviously if someone has been accepted via PTAP and overseas they have to removed and replaced by the students in the waiting list in one of the merit list.
Hiw is Overseas fees so low , isn't fees for Overseas in dollars or is this the opf three seats one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah i got into Faisalabad Medical University on the most recent list. The problem is that I am already admitted into Shifa, and though FMU is much cheaper, I am worried I am compromising a good education and any hopes of doing an international residency.
The sites I've checked have ranked punjab higher then shifta if your going to pay that much money imo I don't think it's worth it ...the caribbean would be the same cost and is guaranteed to make you a doctor and is less risky.. pretty much any school in the world directory is going to be good enough for you to make it abroad..but based off of what I've seen pmu seems better

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah i got into Faisalabad Medical University on the most recent list. The problem is that I am already admitted into Shifa, and though FMU is much cheaper, I am worried I am compromising a good education and any hopes of doing an international residency.
[/QUOT
ankpu
Here are the websites I found that rank pmc higher..what made you think shifa is better?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here are the websites I found that rank pmc higher..what made you think shifa is better?

I think Shifa is better because it apparently has a more USMLE oriented curriculum than PMC and I figured it probably had better experience sending its doctors outside the country. Obviously now that I have had sometime to think about it, the difference in tuition alone makes PMC a much better option. Still not sure if PMC is better than Shifa academically tho.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts