Medical Students Forums banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's much better that it's open merit , I saw the first page of the merit list for CMH Lahore and seems to be dominated by foreign applicants. Before there were just a number of foreign seats.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
by any chance will you even consider the other university options you got accepted into AsyedCT92
only if one guy leaves the ptap seat i might be able to get in

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
shifa college of medicine but the situation looks a little difficult right now because the merit is too high i am at merit position 2000 same goes for the fees its too high
actually the thing is i live right next to Nishter medical college my street name is nishter road so if i dont get into shifa ill be taking a gap year
what about you? i know you got in but like i always heard Aga Khan college is an exceptional medical college did you apply there as well?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i totally understand
thats also my main concern my family cant afford 18000 usd so i might have to take a gap year
but also honestly AKU is one of the best medical colleges even if the fees is higher its totally worth it
have you seen the total USMLE graduate percentage around 70 % come from AKU the rest from Various other universities
i also applied to AKU butcoukdnt get in

- - - Updated - - -

but you should consider everything fees education hostel etc

·
Registered
31 Posts
In best circumstances of course no one would decline AKU, however when I saw the fee coming around 220 k for total five years, it's almost 2 x other private colleges. And considering I have a younger sibling it's a bit of a stretch for my family, I am hoping for the best tho , what else to do. Inshallah Allah will find a way as provided so far.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts