Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is it possible for ptap to get rid of a kemu seat and reduce it down to 1 seat? Also the ptap lists distribution is messed up and they will make a new list..I think the problems with nmu and fjmu what do you guys think

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah i got into Faisalabad Medical University on the most recent list. The problem is that I am already admitted into Shifa, and though FMU is much cheaper, I am worried I am compromising a good education and any hopes of doing an international residency.
The sites I've checked have ranked punjab higher then shifta if your going to pay that much money imo I don't think it's worth it ...the caribbean would be the same cost and is guaranteed to make you a doctor and is less risky.. pretty much any school in the world directory is going to be good enough for you to make it abroad..but based off of what I've seen pmu seems better

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah i got into Faisalabad Medical University on the most recent list. The problem is that I am already admitted into Shifa, and though FMU is much cheaper, I am worried I am compromising a good education and any hopes of doing an international residency.
[/QUOT
ankpu
Here are the websites I found that rank pmc higher..what made you think shifa is better?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I checked and Shifa does seem to have a more usmle oriented system..so you might benefit somewhat more from their education. If the money doesn't make much of a difference go to Shifa...but going to pmu won't be a bad choice either..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please do not say things so confidently unless you know all the facts. The wrong information given on this forum can lead to wrong decisions by students which is not good.
Fact of the matter is that students admitted through HEC foreign seats pay anywhere between $6300 US to $18000 US per year, depending on their college of choice. Anyway, US$6300 is the minimum fee.
Students selected through PTAP pays annual tuition fee equivalent to the local students. In majority of KPK colleges it’s few thousand rupees per year.
people may leave PTAP seat for reasons other than money. E.g one guy selected through PTAP this year in Ayub Medical College opted to leave that seat and decided to go to Khyber Medical College on HEC seats, because he is living in close vicinity to KMC.
What are the hec foreign seats, where can I see them? The main overseas seats have a higher average to get into and I thought they paid the same money...

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts