Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm creating a thread for all prospective PTAP applicants this year. Leave where you're from and whether you took SAT IIs (even though I hear they're not accepted this year, its interesting to know who still took or has SAT II results) and your MDCAT status.

SAT II: Taken
MDCAT: Registered though a lot of pressure to learn all of the Fsc syllabus

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi. I'm applying this year too.

SAT II: Took it a while ago, so my concepts are a little rusty.
MDCAT: Registered, yeah I can agree. The pressure of learning a foreign syllabus is hard to deal with.

How are you approaching MDCAT studying? Also, what do you think your fsc marks (after equivalence) are going to look like?

·
Registered
7 Posts
SAT II: just took it
Mdcat : not taking it
But WHAAAAT they’re not accepting sat this year ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ll call them tmr but I’ve took the sat 2 subject tests because I thought that’s what they take ... if not I guess I’ll just take the mcat it’s been extended until July 20 for sign up. And I’ll apply to the schools on the ptap list . Also does anyone know how many seats there are.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi guys, so im sure you have heard by now that the only international center they're offering for the MDCAT is in Dubai, which is completely ridiculous, because alot of people cannot travel due to covid and also when registering they listed the US as a possible testing center. And they're not even accepting any other foreign equivalents, so they should have at least made it more accommodating for foreign students
What are you guys planning to do now? do you think you'll actually travel to Dubai to take the test?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi guys, so im sure you have heard by now that the only international center they're offering for the MDCAT is in Dubai, which is completely ridiculous, because alot of people cannot travel due to covid and also when registering they listed the US as a possible testing center. And they're not even accepting any other foreign equivalents, so they should have at least made it more accommodating for foreign students
What are you guys planning to do now? do you think you'll actually travel to Dubai to take the test?
Yeah i heard from someone that they called PMC and they said there will be more international centers and I tried calling yesterday but no one picked up. It's really dumb but if they dont add centers then Ig imma go to karachi or dubai and write it there? sucks cuz covid makes travelling so difficult

1 - 13 of 13 Posts