Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for everyone who is applying this year under PTAP.

I'm applying from the UK and got my A-level results today and Alhumdulilah my equivalence is around 926 ish. I'm hoping to get into KEMC or AIMC, anywhere in Lahore really! I know last year the merit was very high and I've no idea what's going to happen this year.
If people who are applying this year could write down their equivalence too, maybe we could get an idea of the merit list for 2013-2014.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I applied to PTAP this year too! Mashallah your score is really good though, I have a 906 on the IBCC, but I applied to fjmc as my first choice so ill probably get in because their merit is lower than kemc and aimc. Anyway, to be safe i also applied through self finance. You might wanna consider doing that too, if for some reason you don't get in on PTAP I'm sure you'll get in on SFS because you have a really good score :D

Hopefully we both we into where we wanna get into :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a really good high score too! InshaAllah you'll get into fatima jinnah :D hopefully the merit isn't as high as last year! I also listed FJ as one of my choices, i'll be happy anywhere in Lahore really. I did think about applying under self finance but didn't go through with it. I'm hoping my score is good enough!
Have you submitted your application yet?
Good luck!:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just out of curiosity what were your guys SAT scores? I am also an international student applying and hoping to get an idea on whether to apply or not. MashAllah you guys have very nice FSc scores.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i submitted my application three days ago lol, but the deadline is still way out there i think... Sept. 30 for self finance and Oct. 31 for PTAP :D and OMG i hope it isn't as high as last year too! You saw the list? Craziness -_-and moah i had 700 on physics and bio and 660 on chem :) Not really as high as i wanted :( but im just too lazy to take them again... and i hear that they put more stress on the equivalency score anyways right?

·
Registered
46 Posts
for PTAP they dont but for SFS they have 60 percent as your FSc scores and 40 percent as SAT they dont look for matric nor do they ask for it private med colleges do though

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys can you elaborate what is PTAP. I am an overseas living is Saudi Arabia and want to apply for my daughetr. Can you guide me that we as overseas can also apply on self finance scheme. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi guys can you elaborate what is PTAP. I am an overseas living is Saudi Arabia and want to apply for my daughetr. Can you guide me that we as overseas can also apply on self finance scheme. Thanks a lot
PTAP is Pakistan Technical Assistance Program.
To apply on self finance scheme ( DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 30th, 2013 ), just download the application from this website and fill it out...
Introduction

It says download at the left side and than click application and there's also the fee structure there.
Oh yea and the requirements are at the top on the application ( IBCC equivalence certificate etc...)
Oh if your daughter never took SAT 2 subjects test in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry....she'll have to take them with a minimum of 550 scores (they are being taken on 5 October and the registration deadline for that is 6 September + they also have test centers in Saudi Arabia). Registration for SAT --- SAT Registration - Register for the SAT

I think applying under PTAP deadline is 31 October which is through economic affairs division---
ead.gov.pk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there any self finace seats avialble for overseas pakistanis in some punhab medical colleges. I have visited website of HEC about FSF, it talk about foreigners holding foreign passport. I am living in Saudi Arabia (overseas) holding pakistani passport. I will appreciate if some one can guide me about such scheme wheer I can apply for my daughter. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is there any self finace seats avialble for overseas pakistanis in some punhab medical colleges. I have visited website of HEC about FSF, it talk about foreigners holding foreign passport. I am living in Saudi Arabia (overseas) holding pakistani passport. I will appreciate if some one can guide me about such scheme wheer I can apply for my daughter. Thanks
Here is where you can get the application form and information about the deadline (Sept 30th).
Downloads

Review the eligibility criteria and the FAQs from the left menu.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Isnt PTAP Deadline 31st OCT Too Late?

I applying in KP region, and the deadline for open, self finance, and OPF seats for Khyber Medical Univeristy along with all its associate universities,
was on 25th Sept. They will start interviews soon, and finish in mid Novemeber. If the deadline has gone for our colleges, how will we get seats through PTAP. Admisison for all and any seat is closed now, yet the deadline for PTAP is 31st Oct and perhaps another 15-20days for a decision and merit llist

1 - 20 of 37 Posts