Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I've done O and A levels and my equivalences were 85% and 81.27% respectively. I also sat for MCAT this year and managed to get 788/1100 only.:/
I know FMH and LMDC take an aptitude test (With 12.5% weightage, i think.) So if i do well in the aptitude tests, do i stand a chance for admission in MBBS in these colleges? (I'm not applying as a foreign student.)

I gave SAT 2 for CMH and scored well in it but I'm not sure if i want to go for CMH since it won't be affiliated with UHS anymore from this year onwards and NUMS does not have any international recognition.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UHS aggregate is 76.828
But LMDC and FMH take 37.5% MCAT and 12.5% their own interview and aptitude test so if they go well, my aggregate MIGHT increase. :/

·
Registered
268 Posts
I do recommend that you apply to LMDC and FMH. However, the problem is even if you do score a 100% on the FMH test that's still lower than 82% (Last year's merit, including the test). You might get in if someone leaves a seat or if foreign seats are converted. LMDC takes 12.5% for the interview and aptitude test and again you'll have to do extremely well on both of those to be anywhere near last year's merit.

I myself, am not going to CMH due to the same reasons. Also, why LMDC and FMH have such high merits is because a lot of the seats go to students that give donations.

One rumor that has been floating around though is FMH takes students on the basis of their own test. Don't know how true that is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know someone from lmdc and she says that i won't have a problem getting in even if i don't give donations and all. She says that fmh and lmdc claim that their merits are high(like around 80+) and there are people in her batch who have like 77-79% aggregates and they didnt give donations. The interview and aptitude test matters alot for these colleges.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I know someone from lmdc and she says that i won't have a problem getting in even if i don't give donations and all. She says that fmh and lmdc claim that their merits are high(like around 80+) and there are people in her batch who have like 77-79% aggregates and they didnt give donations. The interview and aptitude test matters alot for these colleges.
Yeah I've heard something like that too. I hope that's how it actually is in those colleges.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I do recommend that you apply to LMDC and FMH. However, the problem is even if you do score a 100% on the FMH test that's still lower than 82% (Last year's merit, including the test). You might get in if someone leaves a seat or if foreign seats are converted. LMDC takes 12.5% for the interview and aptitude test and again you'll have to do extremely well on both of those to be anywhere near last year's merit.

I myself, am not going to CMH due to the same reasons. Also, why LMDC and FMH have such high merits is because a lot of the seats go to students that give donations.

One rumor that has been floating around though is FMH takes students on the basis of their own test. Don't know how true that is.
no offence bro, but fmh does NOT take donations

·
Registered
268 Posts
no offence bro, but fmh does NOT take donations
Last year, one of my friends went their and they agreed to give him admission on a donation of 30 lakh. If that's not enough my friend's sister is in her last year there and there are students with around 68% aggregates that got in on donation basis.

I guess I should put a disclaimer before giving info. All this info is from close friends and associates in these colleges and not from the college itself.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Last year, one of my friends went their and they agreed to give him admission on a donation of 30 lakh. If that's not enough my friend's sister is in her last year there and there are students with around 68% aggregates that got in on donation basis.

I guess I should put a disclaimer before giving info. All this info is from close friends and associates in these colleges and not from the college itself.
well....atleast donations aren't as rampant in fmh as they are in lmdc, right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fmh DOES take donations.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah man. Fingers crossed. Lets just hope we end up in some place nice, insha Allah. Have you applied anywhere else btw? And whats your aggregate?

·
Registered
268 Posts
well....atleast donations aren't as rampant in fmh as they are in lmdc, right?
That is true because I did a little search on this forum and a lot people have seen some applicants that were giving donations get turned down by FMH. So I guess I was wrong to say that a lot of seats go to these people. I apologize for that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In response to the original inquiry I'd say you have a pretty decent chance of getting in at LMDC, regardless of donations. As far as FMH goes, anything less than an 80% aggregate probably won't be enough this year and let me just put it out there that FMH does NOT take donations, especially on local seats and I can vouch for that. The "aptitude" test can bump up your aggregate a bit so it does have an effect on your chances. The people who got in with 68% probably got in for BDS and if not then probably made a play for the foreign seats. Source: well, for one, I go to the freakin place myself and trust me when I say, I'm sorrounded by nerds! Very demoralising if you're an O/A level grad (*must not rant!* sorry!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts