·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you see Bibi's assisination.

·
Registered
349 Posts
upsetting..my family had a 3 day mourning period n i got in trouble for goin 2 the cinema as i was supposed 2 be mourning 2..but personally it was REALLY sad..many peeps from the uk arent great fans of our benzy but i remember pakistan being a nicer less corrupt place when she was PM..and when sh ewas sent into exile it all went down hill. may Allah give bless her with paradise and provide her family and supporters with patience.

Reactions: MastahRiz

·
Registered
418 Posts
My classes at KE started on the 26th, i went for two days and on the second day, news spread that BB died........so here in pak, people are going nuts......colleges have been closed.....i have no idea when mine will reopen........

pakistan really looks like a piece of crap in the international community

·
Registered
539 Posts
Try living in Islamabad and going to school in Rawalpindi especially when your principal says he did the surgery and found no bullet wounds and everyone else says there were!!

The question is not whether pakistan was more corrupt when she was here or not or if she was a good leader or not. The question is why was she killed by the government.. who had the right to commit MURDER. The pakistani way of making trouble against others is putting fake cases on them not murder. If things continue down this path Pakistan is in big trouble.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i wouldnt be suprised if pakistan followed in the footsteps of afganistan, with the govt blaming EVERYTHING under the sun on al qaeda...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its really sad.Its the failure of the government that they were unable to provide her complete security.but what 2 do,have 2 listen 2 the news n different stories regarding her death.

"May her soul rest in peace.Ameen"

·
Registered
539 Posts
The government thinks they can make any lie and that this nation is full of fools. They killed her because they were scared of her popularity.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Post Benazir Situation for Pak Med Students and Conditions

This thread is to discuss wats going on for life of medical schools across Pakistan and how they are affected after this certain tragedy and the tragedy of the economy suffering as well as the people in the days after.

Which med school do you go to and if your not enrolled wat city do you live in, what were the conditions the past few days and what are they like on monday and onwards following the end of these 3 days..

1. In Rawalpindi, a few people stoned the gates of Rawalpindi Medical College and the administration shut all the lights down in fear. Many shops were looted and burned down. Regular citizens could not find gasoline or CNG or diesel or basic food necessities. There is also load shedding and low gas pressure in Islamabad for past few weeks which will obviously not improve. No eggs in the market either.

School will be closed monday as the situation in the area is still questionable and many students were gone home for winter break have no way of returning to the Twin Cities. Not to mention that Benazir was brought to our main teaching hospital and died there (or previously) and our principal is on tv saying there were no bullet wounds in contradiction to the everyone else.

I hope things settle down soon!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Also just heard police deployed to guard Rawalpindi Medical College and have also stopped people from lighting candles at our hospital for Benazir

·
Registered
539 Posts
***Breaking News***

People living in Rawalpindi Medical College Hostel Located on Campus survive for 2 days on nothing but biscuits as they werent allowed to leave the premises for safety reasons and there was no food on site except for biscuits.. Only today was food brought in.. Incredible man I must say sad as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh damn, you guys have it really bad bro. Insh'ALLAH you guys will over come such tough times. Our prayers go out to you bro, as well as the rest of the students.

Here at KE its been pretty docile. Nothing major at the university as well as the immediate surrounding areas. Although adjacent towns have seen quite a bit of protests, but other than that no major incidents in and around KE. The general mood on campus as well as the hostel is shock and disbelief. People have taken time out to mourn the death .
Things might change if and when elections do occur because KE will be a major polling station. Lets hope for a peaceful outcome.
So lets see.

*On a personal note my prayers go out to the Bhutto Family for their tragic loss. The demise of Benazir Bhutto and the manner in which it was conducted was despicable. My ALLAH(SW) have mercy on her soul and grant her a place in heaven.

disclaimer: I hold no affiliations, loyalties, or positions to any of the Pakistani political constituencies.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Its really sad. Benazir was corrupt but that does justify the brutal death she died. Worst of all, Pakistan in a joke internationaly. CNN and BBC claim that Pakistan is the Terror central. Also, numerous banks have been destroyed and the whole country is in chaos. In this situation, my parents don't want to send me to a medical school in pakistan for 5 years or more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
oh my goodness it was really atragic event. there will be hardly any one who is not sad. almost whole day we sitting in front of tv and mourning. its really really terrible and its really hard to forget it.
nobody in this country safe , u cannot be sure u are leaving ur home for shopping or any other purpose whether u will be back or .. too dangerous country to live. see our government who is everyday changing their words. in response to question on foreign investigation , the so called respective spokesman said that foreigner means UK and US dont know our scenarios, they dont know pushto, but why they forgetting hundreds of people pakistan army monthly selling to them for dollars by name of terrorists. all pushtos.
everyone knows govt and his agencies involved in all this but there will be no result of any investigation ,as in our country whenever any political murder took many committes formed but there results only up to files not for public.
i am not sure whwther this country survive long where no justice no equality even no basic needs fulfilled. i am afraid . i am afraid about future.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yes dont forget the other ethnic pakistani groups who are non "pashtoos" fighting in kashmir.. those "terrorists" too. Apparently pathans and afghans arent allowed to fight for their rights huh lol.

Punjab runs the country and Benazir from Sindh province even they are angry.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yesterday i read a newspaper it said that it was a plan 2 divide this country as it was also said by benazir in one of her speeches and that's y they killed her in Rawalpindi a city in Punjab.So that a conflict starts between 2 provinces or races.Dawn newspaper had published benazir's letter in which she had narrated the names by whom she was threatened of being killed.I encourge Asif Zardari's decision that he is calling American and British investigation team to investigate Benazir's murder case and her criminals should be strictly punished.

·
Registered
173 Posts
A couple of weeks back i read a news in the paper... govt. poeple captured a so-called "Taliban" in the tribal areas of Balouchistan and later,it was revealed that he was actually an Indian spy disguised as Taliban...funny aint it?? #laugh this is Pakistan guys!

The only reason why Pakistan's existing on the map of the world is that it was made in the name of Islam...no other reason literally exists for its survival! well said...very well said#yes !

·
Registered
539 Posts
i think musharaff could have walked up to her with a gun in hand and shot her himself point blank in front of the cameras and the next day it would have still been blame on Al-qaeda.. whoever that is!

·
Registered
418 Posts
HEC has issued the order that all universities private and gov't will remain closed till the 3rd........and nobody knows whether itll be open or closed on the third though.....

its the first of jan! 2008, and the situation seems to be getting better though i heard firing yesterday#happy ....... i also jumped over a traffic policemans parked motorcycle for fun and he chased me down and slapped the crap out of me........he thought it was a sick time for jokes.....i shouldnt have done that keeping in mind the present state of the country......

pakistan is in a big mess! i wonder what will happen during the elections...

·
Registered
57 Posts
well many people have mis conception in their mind that pakistan was taken in name of islam. its really not true. i read an interview of Quaid E azam in which he clearly denied this. it was just a slogan to energize muslims . it will be better if they declare pakistan to be a secholar country like india as nothing here according to islam. but only making this slogan as it is quite attaractive 4 poor pakistani people who still beleive our leaders good enough . why dont they understand that there are few families whose one person in every party who ever win one seat in their home, all same but people still beleive they are different.
truly said if musharraf had fired even in front of media he still have blamed al qaeda. i dont think there any such people left who can make such planned crimes. dont know why whole world acknowledge so called usama statement on al jazeera. just stupid. making people fool. tape of usama how does it reached al jazeera, why they not able to trace , is it not funny.
our govt taking millions of dollars for operation in country against own people. they have fired whole country , so much hatred against army now. u cannot even talk about army in ur parliment, is it not funny. army looted whole country, made country so unsafe that now no one ready to invest here, players dont want to come to pakistan, still army saying we are saviours. yes they r saviours but of their own interests. in my eyes future is dark. really dark and gloomy.

·
Registered
539 Posts
HEC has issued the order that all universities private and gov't will remain closed till the 3rd........and nobody knows whether itll be open or closed on the third though.....

its the first of jan! 2008, and the situation seems to be getting better though i heard firing yesterday#happy ....... i also jumped over a traffic policemans parked motorcycle for fun and he chased me down and slapped the crap out of me........he thought it was a sick time for jokes.....i shouldnt have done that keeping in mind the present state of the country......

pakistan is in a big mess! i wonder what will happen during the elections...
You should NEVER take any HEC decision on schools to be aquainted with medical schools as we fall under the Health Department/Health Ministry etc. So no, holidays that affect all other schools and universities do not necessarily apply to medical schools.

All schools under Punjab district fall under the Punjab Health Ministry and they have not announced any closures. Its up to individual schools to decide. All medical schools as far as I know will be open on the 3rd. I'm sick and tired of medical students who dont know any better rejoicing saying we dont have school till later on hah.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts