Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have successfully secured my seat in ameer ud din medical college,lahore and army medical college , rawalpindi.
which should i join and why?

·
Registered
212 Posts
you have got as a medical cadet or nustian?

- - - Updated - - -

as a nustian if u have got into nust then ameerudin is better since you are from lahore i guess but if you are coming as an army cadet then amc is better

·
Registered
818 Posts
i have successfully secured my seat in ameer ud din medical college,lahore and army medical college , rawalpindi.
which should i join and why?
Go to Ameer Ud Din, eyes closed.

Reason:
UHS Degree more valuable and prestigious
Lahore General Hospital has the best PGMI in the region
Has better faculty than AMC
Costs Nothing
Lahore is Lahore!

·
Registered
818 Posts
You mean, military cadet?

- - - Updated - - -

Even if you have secured a military cadet seat, I would still suggest you to go for Ameer Ud Din because the bond that you will sign to serve in army is just too long (for many years), you will have no freedom, plus the hectic MC routine is not for everyone.

With Ameer Ud Din, you will have a lot of freedom, you can go abroad for residency and even if you are interested in Army, you can always apply for the short commission into army after completing MBBS from Ameer Ud Din.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the bond is of 13 years.
can you tell me about the pay i would get in army and in civil govt job after mbbs. and if i choose army would i get residential facilities and other facilities?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
212 Posts
as a medical cadet you will get 30000 per month even as a student plus free education and a secure future what sort of uni would offer a package like that? its like a jackpot even fcps qualified civil docs are looking for jobs are havent really heard of ameeruddin amongst good colleges

- - - Updated - - -

MC routine is tough only in the initial days when you are junior most otherwise except for haircuts and stuff there isnt much physical work at all! MCS really enjoy life having iphones n pizzas i dont think ameeruddin is of any match to amc

- - - Updated - - -

in army you future would be in safe hands while civil docs are seen protesting regarding pays and stuff dont even get 20000 in house jobs while mcs are getting 30000 while studying so dont listen to anyone

- - - Updated - - -

amc is a big name in pakistan only exceeded by king edward or aga khan uhs muhs wuhs aint anything in front of amc

- - - Updated - - -

dont think any college would offer ya pay just for studying free army rank has its own prestige

- - - Updated - - -

baqi if you want to live at home that is feasible as well but from a job point of view amc is best

·
Registered
818 Posts
as a medical cadet you will get 30000 per month even as a student plus free education and a secure future what sort of uni would offer a package like that? its like a jackpot even fcps qualified civil docs are looking for jobs are havent really heard of ameeruddin amongst good colleges

- - - Updated - - -

MC routine is tough only in the initial days when you are junior most otherwise except for haircuts and stuff there isnt much physical work at all! MCS really enjoy life having iphones n pizzas i dont think ameeruddin is of any match to amc

- - - Updated - - -

in army you future would be in safe hands while civil docs are seen protesting regarding pays and stuff dont even get 20000 in house jobs while mcs are getting 30000 while studying so dont listen to anyone

- - - Updated - - -

amc is a big name in pakistan only exceeded by king edward or aga khan uhs muhs wuhs aint anything in front of amc

- - - Updated - - -

dont think any college would offer ya pay just for studying free army rank has its own prestige

- - - Updated - - -

baqi if you want to live at home that is feasible as well but from a job point of view amc is best
Pay is an attraction but, MC is not a piece of cake.

If you need money, you should go to AMC but, there will be no freedom and 13 years is just too much.

I disagree with the prestige, I mean you only see AMC graduates in Isb/Rwp region after graduation, their presence in rest of Punjab or Pakistan is non existent. It might be a big thing in Isb/Rwp but, the hype totally dies down in the rest of the country.

Ameer Ud Din is a top draw, people all over Punjab know about it since a UHS Govt College is a UHS Govt College, it is bound to have more prestige than any.

I would suggest you to think very carefully about your decision because you are not going to decide about which college you are going to attend but rather its a decision for the next 20 years of your life because you simply cannot break the bond after you sign it.

Salary while studying is an attraction but, everyone is indeed getting paid 30,000 Rs or more at the moment for HJ these days in UHS Affiliated Hospitals, and you absolutely pay nothing to study at a Govt. college.

Ameer Ud Din gets high aggregate students, is the 5th best UHS College according to merit, has a lot of potential to grow and has infact more prestige established than a 40 years old AMC, so that tells about the potential too.

As I said, think about the next 20 years of your life, your aims and ambitions and, it also becomes difficult to remain in Army if you don't already have an army background because Army life is not for everyone and the rank system favors nepotism as well. So, it is generally said that you need an Army background to excel in Army. (I have an Army background so I know)

- - - Updated - - -

And, after FCPS or specialization, a civilian doctor earns a lot more than an Army doctor because of private practice, their own clinics, pharmaceutical company deals, general hospital practice, teaching allowance, commissions etc.

Eventually, after retirement from Army you have to start from zero, you need to come again in the civil set up and practically start from scratch and you earn way less than your civilian counterparts and, Army doctors are never given top positions in civil set up since they don't have a similar temperament, similar environment, no links with the civil set up their entire life, no useful connections and civilians prefe civilians in key medical positions.

Most Army doctors after retirement end up getting positions in Hospital Administration only.

So, its a hard decision; think about the next 20 years or more of your life and not about money, if you don't have financial crisis at home.

·
Registered
212 Posts
you really have some great grudge against amc and i dont wanna go into detail but being in lahore i guess and cmh not being that great you havent seen the lavish lifestyles of doctors at cmh rawalmpindi etc they have degrees from each and every corner of the world and enjoying lavish protocols and cars ONLY GDMOS do ADMINISTRATION rest open their own hospitals or get in some good hospital on good pays

- - - Updated - - -

ypu aint the only one having ARMY BACKGROUND BRO

- - - Updated - - -

army doctors pretty easily get promoted to the rank of even brigadier after they specialize IVE SEEN EVEN PEOPLE FROM KE SERVING IN ARMY HAVING RANKS OF MAJ GENERALS AND BRIGADIERS AND NONE OF THEM HAD AN ARMY BACKGROUND

- - - Updated - - -

house jobians surely wont be getting a captains pay! they even get HUGE money from UN MISSIONS and stuff

- - - Updated - - -

AMC graduates in only pindi isb? lol wth do you see then is cmhs all over pakistan that have standards better than govt hospitals! AMCOLIANS have a name

- - - Updated - - -

you seriously have some great problem with pak army and i dont know whats the reason and aint interested in bragging uselessly about stuff everyone knows whats AMC and if jamaluddin ilmuddin stuff is better than AMC or not so adios

·
Registered
818 Posts
you really have some great grudge against amc and i dont wanna go into detail but being in lahore i guess and cmh not being that great you havent seen the lavish lifestyles of doctors at cmh rawalmpindi etc they have degrees from each and every corner of the world and enjoying lavish protocols and cars ONLY GDMOS do ADMINISTRATION rest open their own hospitals or get in some good hospital on good pays

- - - Updated - - -

Army doctors are generally disliked in the civilian set up because I have an Army background (have many uncles who are Army doctors, now retired) and I am myself in civilian set up, I can draw comparisons.

Bro! Seems like you haven't seen the lifestyles of Civilian doctors driving Mercs and BMWs to hospitals. Civilian doctors make a lot more money than the Army doctors.

And, besides you don't seem to know about the life of an Army Doctor post retirement, they are not treated well at all, and mostly end up doing Administrative jobs and have to start from scratch, from zero after retirement. Their previous hardwork is not well regarded in the civil set up. Period!

·
Registered
212 Posts
my dad was in army my uncles in army my cousin is in army i have a family thats been in army for 4 generations bro infantry artillery medical core LT GEN to captain everyone and i also know civil doctors who had to move to uk because they werent given any worth in pak

·
Registered
818 Posts

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

army doctors pretty easily get promoted to the rank of even brigadier after they specialize IVE SEEN EVEN PEOPLE FROM KE SERVING IN ARMY HAVING RANKS OF MAJ GENERALS AND BRIGADIERS AND NONE OF THEM HAD AN ARMY BACKGROUND

- - - Updated - - -

house jobians surely wont be getting a captains pay! they even get HUGE money from UN MISSIONS and stuff

- - - Updated - - -

AMC graduates in only pindi isb? lol wth do you see then is cmhs all over pakistan that have standards better than govt hospitals! AMCOLIANS have a name

- - - Updated - - -

you seriously have some great problem with pak army and i dont know whats the reason and aint interested in bragging uselessly about stuff everyone knows whats AMC and if jamaluddin ilmuddin stuff is better than AMC or not so adios
Lol.
You seriously are bragging. :roll:

CMH are not civil set up hospitals and, generally have no connection with civil set ups, so that all over Pakistan statement dies down. Because they usually live "Gumnaami ki Life" all the time, they are serving in Army because no one in civil set up knows them and when after retirement they come to the civil set up, they are total strangers.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i know the worth of retired army officers real well! our former principal is now principal of a private college almost every basic sciences deptt person is getting a job at top medical colleges clinicians have set up their own humongous hospitals i dont think its scratch or stuff

·
Registered
818 Posts
my dad was in army my uncles in army my cousin is in army i have a family thats been in army for 4 generations bro infantry artillery medical core LT GEN to captain everyone and i also know civil doctors who had to move to uk because they werent given any worth in pak
Civil Doctors who move to UK earn a lot more in one year than an Army doctor makes his entire life, mate. ;)

And, since you generally have no civil set up experience, you cannot draw comparisons.

- - - Updated - - -

i know the worth of retired army officers real well! our former principal is now principal of a private college almost every basic sciences deptt person is getting a job at top medical colleges clinicians have set up their own humongous hospitals i dont think its scratch or stuff
Worth only in Rwp/Isb region, not anywhere else in Pakistan, except for perhaps, administrative positions. Isb/Rwp region too, because there is just RMC it has to compete with or possibly Wah.

·
Registered
212 Posts
GUMNAMI KI LIFE??? lol bhayya pehle general ranks k army officers ko dekho pindi mei then talk about them to any senior professor of any prestigious medical institue khair u certainly look pretty jealous of AMC and pretty obssesed about writing against it and continuously telling about your ARMY background but i aint got much time to have a debate with ya baqi everyone knows whats amc and whats not

- - - Updated - - -

koi baat nahi if you dint get selected in amc boi no need to have so much grudges ;-)

·
Registered
818 Posts
One of the Associate Professors in AMC in a Basic Science Department is my dad's cousin and trust me, he is doesn't speak very highly of the post retirement prospects.

·
Registered
818 Posts
GUMNAMI KI LIFE??? lol bhayya pehle general ranks k army officers ko dekho pindi mei then talk about them to any senior professor of any prestigious medical institue khair u certainly look pretty jealous of AMC and pretty obssesed about writing against it and continuously telling about your ARMY background but i aint got much time to have a debate with ya baqi everyone knows whats amc and whats not

- - - Updated - - -

koi baat nahi if you dint get selected in amc boi no need to have so much grudges ;-)
Gumnaami because no one of the AMC graduates serving in army are known to anyone in the civil set up, and few Army doctors who are known are not graduates of AMC and have studied from either KEMU, AIMC, FJMC, Nishtar or any other Govt. Hospital because they have connections with their college mates and possibly their home institutes. AMC graduates are largely unknown and in a city like Lahore, they are nowhere to be found, particularly in any key medical position at all, administrative yes, but medical, a big NO.

- - - Updated - - -

Mate, I didn't even apply to AMC, I live in Lahore and my dad didn't want me to leave the city at all. :cool!:

·
Registered
212 Posts
what does a civil doctors gets in house job???? 50000 at most whereas an army doctor 70 plus just as a captain and when he becomes a clinician he gets extra money from operations etc that is 40 percent using govts machinery and stuff! govt hospitals are so noob seems like there isnt even any sweeper employed to clean the stuff really stinking!

- - - Updated - - -

better not talk about hospitals that you know pretty little about! you would only know cmh lahore properly at most and certainly un aware of the expertise at cmh pindi or karchi etc

1 - 20 of 30 Posts