Medical Students Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
" I solemnly declarethat I will serve the province of the Punjab for a period of FIVE years(including two years in a rural area) after graduation if a job is offered tome by the government or in default thereof pay Rs.5,00,000/- in lump sum to theGovernment of the Punjab"
from uhs website ANEXURE (I) point number 7.

see??? this is what i was talking about! :o_O:

·
Registered
36 Posts
" I solemnly declarethat I will serve the province of the Punjab for a period of FIVE years(including two years in a rural area) after graduation if a job is offered tome by the government or in default thereof pay Rs.5,00,000/- in lump sum to theGovernment of the Punjab"

Haha... Don't worry... Chances are, you won't get a job anyway. :p You'll have to clear the public service commission for this btw. Nothing wrong with the govt. wanting this. I mean, they're giving you free education not because they want to but because they expect something in return.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Haha... Don't worry... Chances are, you won't get a job anyway. :p You'll have to clear the public service commission for this btw. Nothing wrong with the govt. wanting this. I mean, they're giving you free education not because they want to but because they expect something in return.
LOL you are right about the job :p part. but how can you sign a bond right away, i mean i dont know what is going to happen in the coming ten years. so when i dont know, how can i make such a serious commitment?! i live in pakistan but i want to do my residency and fellowship from abroad soon after mbbs. and then come back and serve my country for all the good! so signing this thing might just keep me stuck here. thats what m concerned about

·
Registered
45 Posts
but the punjab government forces you to do your residency in pakistan aftr doing mbbs . you have to sign some kind of bond to serve in a govt hospital for three years after 5years of mbbs. am i right? can somebody clarify?
The five year Bond is signed at the time of admission. But, for the students who don't make up at Open-Merit but at the Under-Developed district seat. Either U have to serve five years or pay them 5 lac. And, I think it is 100% fair. When you get an advantage through your district over others than this is your Duty to serve the district at least for this short span of time. *If someone doubts it go check the annuxers* :) Moreover there is an another Surety Bond submitted at every college at time of admission. In that, we accept that we will serve the institution for 3 years (including house job I guess) and if we fail to do so then we have to pay 1 lac *which is'nt a big thing :p

- - - Updated - - -

:D yar! Just read the title of this Annexure (for the students admitted at reserved seats) and for details of reserved seat, read my previous post :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Um, Hi! This is my first post, please be nice. :)
Right, so my aggregate after my MCAT score is 87.7%, which means i can get into Allama Iqbal, I think. Only, I live in Faisalabad and from what I've heard of hostel life, I don't think I'd like it very much. Do you think there is any reason I should choose AIMC over PMC? Is there a difference in education or extra curricular activities or the general environment? Also, if you happen to be a student at either of these places, could you tell me what happens in a general day there? As in, can an Alevel student study for five years without being miserable?
just go for PMC :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Firstly, if you don't have a preference for Army, then I would say go for government medical institute as they provide you more room and space to breath so you'd be able to produce better results. Cause seriously, I think if you keep on pushing a student to work hard, it only increases the stress not the grades. And besides, government medical colleges are much cheaper and the degree is recognized all around the world and not only in Pakistan.

Secondly, being a part of a prestigious institute like King Edward or Allama Iqbal or Services Institute I think provides you a better environment in all aspects. Firstly, you will be studying with some of the most intelligent and hard working students of Pakistan and so in order to be in competition, you will be compelled to work harder and harder. Secondly, the faculty, the quality of education is definitely better in these colleges. You won't find such cooperative faculty in any other institute. As I mentioned in one of my posts, when my Uncle who is a graduate of King Edward went to U.S and was appearing in the interviews, he told me that people there used to take a look on his degree and couldn't resist but say, "King Edward, hmm, you've got to be special". So the point I'm trying to make here is that at the end of the day, the name of your college definitely gives you an edge.

Apparently, it looks like you are kind of worried about hostel life? Believe me, there isn't anything wrong with the hostels. You are gonna be as comfortable in hostels as you are in your home.

My aggregate is 81%. And frankly, if I had as much aggregate as you, I would definitely go for King Edward. Believe me, you have this golden opportunity to be a part of King Edward. It'll be such a disaster to let the opportunity go.

P.S= Not to mention that King Edward also has this really beautiful campus and the city of Lahore is probably (at least for me) is the best place to live in Pakistan. Its full of life and all, so every once in a while you can go out cause there are plenty of places in Lahore that you might wanna see, you know, fortress, badshahi masjid, border etc. I just can't get enough of these places. So, a wonderful city to live, the best medical college of Pakistan, the best quality education, a recognized degree, an affordable fee structure, a competitive environment and a really bright future inshaAllah. What else would u need? :D
Hope this helps. Best of luck. :)
my aggregate is 81.6640...do u think we have a chance this year?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The five year Bond is signed at the time of admission. But, for the students who don't make up at Open-Merit but at the Under-Developed district seat. Either U have to serve five years or pay them 5 lac. And, I think it is 100% fair. When you get an advantage through your district over others than this is your Duty to serve the district at least for this short span of time. *If someone doubts it go check the annuxers* :) Moreover there is an another Surety Bond submitted at every college at time of admission. In that, we accept that we will serve the institution for 3 years (including house job I guess) and if we fail to do so then we have to pay 1 lac *which is'nt a big thing :p

- - - Updated - - -

:D yar! Just read the title of this Annexure (for the students admitted at reserved seats) and for details of reserved seat, read my previous post :)
i just signed the stamp paper which is for everyone. its metioned in the prospectus form to attach the original affidavit annexure ONE ( for reserved seats its annexure FOUR-read carefully). n yeah 5lac isnt much compared to fees of private med colleges

·
Registered
3 Posts
Selection Of Medical Colleges

my first priority is KE...as its the best medical college !
but if ur parents don't want u to get admission in KE than they must have thought something special for u...
i'll wish u all the best !
Hi
KE is best among all mcs just try to convenience your parents .. i am a student of KEMC , so i prefer you to go there it have good hostel facility and its education standard is also good

41 - 55 of 55 Posts