Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I wanted to know whether PDA phones work in Pakistan. If I bring my PDA phone would I be able to log on internet when I use that card system...can u log on internet on regular phones? One last question...should I buy a phone from pakistan or US?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
If you buy a phone in the US make sure that you're not signing up for any long term contract that you will be penalized for breaking. It doesn't have to be an unlocked phone though because most phones can be unlocked here by the local phone shopkeepers. However in order for your phone to work here with the majority of networks it must have a SIM card slot.

Cingular/AT&T and T-Mobile are the only two networks I believe that have SIM card phones in the US whereas Verizon and Sprint do not -- but I may be wrong about this.

Phones here that are GPRS capable can access the Internet but the faster EDGE network is not readily available here.

Phones here usually go around $150 - $400 depending on features and how recently the model was released.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Buy a PDA phone here.. The used ones are extremely cheap nowadays too and new that not expensive. I use opera mini on my cell phone and get on the net all the time and its not even a PDA, plenty of data GPRS packages and EDGE packages available now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts