Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
You still have a long way to go and yes sure inshallah u will make it to your desired college.

U still have to complete ur A levels and then mdcat , r u outside Pakistan?

·
Registered
52 Posts
O level Result really doesnt matter
for aggregate %
A level has 50% weightage and MDCAT has 50%
your result will help you alot for getting good marks in equivalence
i myself had 4 A 1 B in o levels and 2 A* and 1 B in A levels which resulted a total of 921/1100 in FSc equivalence
as long as you work hard in A levels and MDCAT Youll get into Allama Iqbal
usually open merit is around 94% so youll need to do very good in MDCAT

·
Registered
9 Posts
O level Result really doesnt matter
for aggregate %
A level has 50% weightage and MDCAT has 50%
your result will help you alot for getting good marks in equivalence
i myself had 4 A 1 B in o levels and 2 A* and 1 B in A levels which resulted a total of 921/1100 in FSc equivalence
as long as you work hard in A levels and MDCAT Youll get into Allama Iqbal
usually open merit is around 94% so youll need to do very good in MDCAT
Are you sure O Level results are not included in the weightage? Sometimes I se some weightages of medical college admissions where O Level/Matric is also included. In 2020-2021 admission it was 20% interview, 30% A Level and 50% MDCAT.

·
Registered
52 Posts
o level grades are only included during equivalence of A level grades
o level/matric itself is not included in aggregate
during equivalence of a level grades
lets say 5 A* in o level subs and 3 A* in a level subs
the equivalence will be as follow
5 x 90 + 3 x 90 = 720/800
720/800 x 1100 = 990/1100
so with 5* in O levels and 3 A* in A level is equivalent to 990/1100 in FSc marks
the weightage goes like 30 % A level 50 % Mdcat 20 % interview

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o level grades are only included during equivalence of A level grades
o level/matric itself is not included in aggregate
during equivalence of a level grades
lets say 5 A* in o level subs and 3 A* in a level subs
the equivalence will be as follow
5 x 90 + 3 x 90 = 720/800
720/800 x 1100 = 990/1100
so with 5* in O levels and 3 A* in A level is equivalent to 990/1100 in FSc marks
the weightage goes like 30 % A level 50 % Mdcat 20 % interview
first of all thanks for replying but your answer has made me a little confused so i would like to ask some questions
1.why did you take grade of 5 subjects of olevel and which 5, why not the other 3, would that not make o level equivalence greater?
2.you said 20% interview which interview are you talking about?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am an overseas pakistani so I didn't need the three urdu pak studies and islamiat subjects

Private colleges (most of them) are conducting interviews that holds 20 % weightage which will finalize the admission
They look for your communication skills, behavior etc etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can i get admission in allama iqbal lahore pakistan with my olevel result of 3A*1A 4B?
The short answer is NO!
You cannot get into KEMU, AIMC or even a good public sector medical college in Lahore with these grades. KEMU and AIMC are pretty much out of the question for O/A level students (speaking as someone who got into KEMU this year and thus knows the details). This year the highest aggregate an O/A level student got was 93.50%. This was somebody with straight A*s in O/A levels and 97% in MDCAT(4th position) and this is not enough for AIMC. This guy will probably get into SIMS. In 2019, one girl got into AIMC, because she had 98.5% in the MDCAT.
If you're willing to pursue FSc, I would say you have a chance, but if not then sorry, it's not possible for you to get admission in a public sector medical college in Punjab unless you somehow manage to get a 100% in the MDCAT.
Even a straight A* student needs atleast 96% in MDCAT to make it to a public sector medical college in Lahore because of the messed up equivalence system of IBCC.

P.S The merit criteria for Punjab is 50% MDCAT, 40% FSc/A levels and 10% Matric/O levels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what if i give 2 papers again and get 5A* 1A 2B and can i then get into allama Iqbal? also they are starting grading system in matric and fsc so will that solve the messed up system of equivalence ? what did you do fsc or alevel and what numbers you got into entry test and in your a level/fsc ? is it difficult to get 100% in mdcat i got the only 3A* in o level in sciences and i am only good in them.

kindly tell me how to calculate aggregate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, so the thing is that it is near impossible mathematically. The B's will mess up your equivalence. A level grades matter less than O level grades in equivalence (since 800/1100 of your A level equivalence is going to be from O levels). The formula for aggregate in Punjab is present in the UHS prospectus (I suggest you give it a read):
10% Matric / O level Equivalence
40% FSc / A level Equivalence
50% MDCAT
I was a Matric/FSc Student. I had 3rd position in MDCAT 2020 and my aggregate is 96.08%. To get into AIMC, you need an aggregate of more than 93.5% (94% to be on safe side). Though I can't say for the future, I don't know whether they're going to roll out grades for matric/fsc this year (to the best of my knowledge, it's not going to happen in FSc). If you can improve your B's and get straight A/A*s, there's a case, but it is very very difficult.
Regarding a 100% in MDCAT, nobody has ever done it. My score was 195/200. The top this year was 197/200 and I think it is going to stay that way. The top score by an A levels student this year was 194/200. Last year the top score by an A levels student was 197(she got into AIMC). My suggestion would be that you pursue FSc if you're genuinely interested in going to AIMC, and try your chances there instead of pursuing A levels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now i am in a little tension.....first of all i would like to ask you how much does your medical university status matter in your medical degree ....does it affect your life as a doctor? and what is the lowest merit to get into Lahore and Punjab to get into public university also why are public university considered good than private? as well as with my present grade at which public sector can i get into at best?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry to break it to you
But you can't get into AIMC with o levels and a levels or any good public college for that matter unless you get all A* in a levels
Repeating o levels won't get you anywhere
If you truly want to go to AIMC then go for Fsc and then give mdcat
Even I got excited when I got 2 A* and a B but the reality is o and a levels students can hardly reach anything above 90 %
My advice to you is stop dreaming of AIMC otherwise you'll get hurt
Better think of shifa or CMH Lahore
These are really good private medical colleges of pakistan even much more internationally recognized

·
Registered
52 Posts
Public colleges are not considered better than private
It's just the mentality of people it's because the fee difference. You can become a good doctor while studying from private college as well
And also as long as the university is recognized from FAIMER and WDOMS youre good to go

1 - 14 of 14 Posts