Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The First Merit List is OUT. And, the merit has closed at around 83.45% UHS Aggregate, which is for the top 100 candidates for the 85 Open Merit Seats.

http://smdc.edu.pk/index.php?page=36

Congratulations on my behalf to everyone who got in. So, how many of you got in and, how many are expecting?

Those who are waiting for the 2nd Merit List, I heard it's going to be displayed on 21st or 22nd November, with 3 working days time to submit the fees. There isn't any 3rd Merit List though. As far as my rough estimate is concerned, I think the merit this year is going to be pretty high, last seat closing at around 82.5% minimum, but that's my personal opinion. There aren't many drop outs, since it's now a top choice medical school, Alhumdolilah.

But, let's wait and see. Anyone with 81%+ still, shouldn't loose hope. Again, to all those coming to SHMDC, a big congratulations & welcome to the Shalamarians' Family!

·
Registered
143 Posts
welcome back masterh ! you were being missed in all threads related to Shalamar college :)

- - - Updated - - -

My aggregate is 82 ,should I be hopeful?

·
Registered
3 Posts
you will get in sure, as many people in this list have gone to cmh.

- - - Updated - - -

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, some have, and that's probably because CMH has done a pretty bad thing, making people pay before even the Government Merit was OUT, sort of forcing them to pay. Seriously, if you ask me, that's a horrific thing to do. UHS gave 18th November, as the date for Private Medical College Merit after 16th November, date of Government Medical College Merit. Shalamar is pretty clean with all that stuff, probably as I am seeing, one of the only who have stuck to the rule. As I told you guys, merit and policies are Shalamar's only priority, money isn't.

But, I saw a lot of people getting the fee challans today, many having 84 & 85%, as it's a top choice medical college. And, the waiting list is full of people with 83% and higher 82%. Rabi, you do have a chance, let's see. Merit has gone insanely high this year.

- - - Updated - - -

welcome back masterh ! you were being missed in all threads related to Shalamar college :)

- - - Updated - - -

My aggregate is 82 ,should I be hopeful?
Haha, I missed you guys too. :) Rabi, you do have a chance. But, merit has gone insanely high. It's more like some MIT like merit for Punjab Medical Colleges this year, tbh I am shocked. KEMU ended at 92% and AIMC at 90%, says a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

We asked like many students today and they said that, Shalamar was their top choice. Probably, whoever we asked, said the same. Alhumdolilah! I am pretty happy, that a 4 year old medical college, has made such a good name for itself. TBH, that's because of our college's policies and how they prioritize education and merit, over everything else. It's hospital is the oldest in Private Sector, about 30 years old. It has been treating poor patients since then, free of cost, so money isn't their priority at all. But, obviously you do need to pay your fee, but they never force students. That's what you call MERIT.

And, btw just recently heard, the trust has donated around 50 crores, for this fiscal year to update the Hospital furthermore. So, the patient exposure, being already the best in Private Sector, is going to improve manifold Inshallah.

- - - Updated - - -

My agg. is 81.53%, was positive to get in. Disappointed :(
Gap year now! *Sigh*
Don't loose hope mate. :) Merit this year is pretty non sense, if you ask me. Totally insane!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I havent made an official decision yet, but I think i'll be passing up on Shalamar for CMH this time around. But I do agree that Shalamar is pretty top-notch :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I havent made an official decision yet, but I think i'll be passing up on Shalamar for CMH this time around. But I do agree that Shalamar is pretty top-notch :)
Congratulations mate. :woot: Happy to hear that, and I respect your decision. But, Shalamar has a lot of potential to escalate further as compared to CMH, honestly. :) Courtesy, it's LUMS management V/S CMH's Army management. P.S, we all know how corrupt our army is. :p NUST/AMC isn't even ranked in HEC's Medical Ranking, plus the clinical exposure problems.

But, you're officially a medical student in a pretty good college, so a BIG HUG with loads of best wishes from my side. :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Oh, trust me, I vouch for Shalamars rising success as well, it'll end up among the best eventually InshaAllah :)
I checked them both out, and I found out alot of things about CMH I didnt know before, which kind of pulled me towards the decision
And hey, thanks for the warm welcome into the medical world :D

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, trust me, I vouch for Shalamars rising success as well, it'll end up among the best eventually InshaAllah :)
I checked them both out, and I found out alot of things about CMH I didnt know before, which kind of pulled me towards the decision
And hey, thanks for the warm welcome into the medical world :D
There is a lot of stuff, you don't know about Shalamar yet too buddy. :)
Yes, and I am thinking perhaps, you have already gotten hold of your BD Chaurasia. :cool!:

·
Registered
90 Posts
me here with 81.16 aggregate and feeling down now...really hoped for shalamar but now it seems shalamar is out of reach.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Haha, I missed you guys too. :) Rabi, you do have a chance. But, merit has gone insanely high. It's more like some MIT like merit for Punjab Medical Colleges this year, tbh I am shocked. KEMU ended at 92% and AIMC at 90%, says a lot.

We asked like many students today and they said that, Shalamar was their top choice. Probably, whoever we asked, said the same. Alhumdolilah! I am pretty happy, that a 4 year old medical college, has made such a good name for itself. TBH, that's because of our college's policies and how they prioritize education and merit, over everything else. It's hospital is the oldest in Private Sector, about 30 years old. It has been treating poor patients since then, free of cost, so money isn't their priority at all. But, obviously you do need to pay your fee, but they never force students. That's what you call MERIT.

And, btw just recently heard, the trust has donated around 50 crores, for this fiscal year to update the Hospital furthermore. So, the patient exposure, being already the best in Private Sector, is going to improve manifold Inshallah.!
Thanks for the hope masterh :). Is there any combined merit list on the college notice board? I really want to know my merit position...I believed I'll make it in the first merit list untill government displayed their merit...and now it seems difficult in the second too *sigh*. Oh GOD please help...I dont like sharif med college much:cry:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I know atleast 1 other person on that list who will leave.
And no, not BD chaurasia lol. I have a LOT of the other ones though, ill get chaurasia too eventually :p

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Anyone who gets in CMH, goes for CMH and leaves Shalamr.
That is certainly not the case bro. CMH played unfair as always. They forced everyone to submit the fees even before Shalamar's first list was out. And all those kids who got admission are those who couldnt even get a chance to wait for Shalamar, because of the haste CMH created. Today I was in college and there were many kids who got admission into CMH but, preferred Shalamar. They were disappointed because of CMH's attitude which was money hungry. A lot of kids stated Shalamar was their top choice. Some children of doctors said that, our fathers prefer Shalamar more than CMH because of the patient exposure and the 30 years of excellent repute.

So, CMH didn't even came for the competition. They played it unfair. Obviously, those who paid CMH before even Shalamar's first list was out, wouldn't back away now, its not easy to. Shalamar's first list was out today and CMH rapped up ther admissions unlawfully last week.

A lot of parents were cribbing how CMH was so hasty and money hungry. And honestly, I'm pretty disappointed in CMH too. It is like all the otger colleges. I'm pretty happy that I chose Shalamar over CMH myself, Alhumdolilah.

·
Registered
614 Posts
That is certainly not the case bro. CMH played unfair as always. They forced everyone to submit the fees een before Shalamar's first list was out. And all those kids who got admission are those who couldnt even get a chance to wait for Shalamar, because of the haste CMH created. Today I was in college and there were many kids who got admission into CMH but, preferred Shalamar. They werented because of CMH's attitude which was money hungry. A lot of kids stated Shalamar was their top choice. Some children of doctors said that, our fathers prefer Shalamar more than CMH because of the patient exposure and the 30 years of excellent repute.

So, CMH didn't even came for the competition. They played it unfair. Obviously, those who paid CMH before even Shalamar's first list was out, wouldn't back away now, its not easy to. Shalamar's first list was out today and CMH rapped up their admissions unlawfully last week.

A lot of parents were cribbing how CMH was so hasty and money hungry. And honestly, I'm pretty disappointed in CMH too.
That's all good, really, but everyone still prefers CMH over Shalamar.
In fact, I think this year FMH and Shairf will have/have had a higher merit than Shalamar.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's all good, really, but everyone still prefers CMH over Shalamar.
In fact, I think this year FMH and Shairf will have/have had a higher merit than Shalamar.
Dude, Shalamar's merit is 83.45%, Sharif's 82.8% and FMH has already offered admissions to students having 80 to 81%. Wake up! And, some prefer CMH and some Shalamar. And, honesty those who prefer CMH suffer in clinical years and then realize. And, those who are well familiar with medical education choose Shalamar. As I said, there were many kids whose first choice was Shalamar. Yours isn't, that's a different case. but, please dont generalize. They have left CMH for Shalamar. And, those who chose CMH are the ones who already paid CMH. Because CMH forced them to.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Dude, Shalamar's merit is 83.45%, Sharif's 82.8% and FMH has already offered admissions to students having 80 to 81%. Wake up! And, some prefer CMH and some Shalamar. And, honesty those who prefer CMH suffer in clinical years and then realize. And, those who are well familiar with medical education choose Shalamar. As I said, there were many kids whose first choice was Shalamar. Yours isn't, that's a different case. but, please dont generalize. They have left CMH for Shalamar. And, those who chose CMH are the ones who already paid CMH. Because CMH forced them to.
Final lists haven't come out.
Everyone I know prefers CMH. Even people I don't know and just talk to, they also prefer CMH.
FMH doesn't put up a list, but they also had a very high merit so we don't have a sure way of knowing.
CMH has more beds and a much better hospital than Shalamar.
FMH and Sharif also forced people to pay them quickly, don't see anything wrong with that.
Man you just have to deal with the fact that everyone prefers CMH over Shalamar.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Final lists haven't come out.
Everyone I know prefers CMH. Even people I don't know and just talk to, they also prefer CMH.
FMH doesn't put up a list, but they also had a very high merit so we don't have a sure way of knowing.
CMH has more beds and a much better hospital than Shalamar.
FMH and Sharif also forced people to pay them quickly, don't see anything wrong with that.
Man you just have to deal with the fact thateryone prefers CMH over Shalamar.

Dude, you seriously have no idea what clinical exposure is. Even a BHU has a better clinical exposure than CMH. Beds don't matter, what matters is the occupancy.. Shalamar has 750 beds (600 SH & 150 FFH) for 100 students and CMH has 800 for 150. Shalamar sees nearly 7 Lakhs patients an year who are poor and otmake excellent patients for students. CMH sees 6.5 lakhs patients from army background or the well paying private patients and make the worst patients for student exposure. Everyone in medical profession knows that an army environment is not good for medical education for many reasons. Even the results of Profesional exams of Shalamar are better than CMH.

And about a better hospital, CMH and Doctor's Hospital both have very high iatrogenic death rates in Private hospitals.

But, maybe you know more than me because I'm a fourth year medical student Alhumdolilah and you're the big aspiring pre medical student. *trolls* You WIN!

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, SonnenSays you're an irritating guy or girl or whatever. You're already on the IGNORE list of many here, which proves the fact too.

Have a good day and best wishes to you from my side. :)

1 - 20 of 85 Posts