Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Im an international student (just got over with my alevels) and wanna sign up for the NET 3 to apply as a local student. However, I'm not sure of which fee option to choose, i.e 35$ and 3000rupees options,both are available, how do they differ ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
As a local student you need to pay 3000 rupees. The fee in dollars is for students who apply in international seat and have done SATs

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But wouldn't taking the NET 3 grant me a local seat if I get sufficient marks?
Thanks a lot for your help ! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes it would inshaAllah
as far as I know, you can take NET3 as both national as well as international. Obv there is far more competition for national seats and less chance to get in, but if you are applying as a local candidate then you have to pay the fees in rupees and not dollars
anytime :) I'll be trying out the NET exams also next year after I finish my Alevels.
What have you done? Alevels or Fsc?
all the very best for ur entry test :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoops. I just paid it in 35 dollars since I AM a foreigner, saw your reply after that. Though I wanted to get it on a local seat.
Oh, I've done Edexcel Alevels in biology,chemistry and physics.
In Sha Allah. Thanks, you too!

·
Registered
142 Posts
umm actually even I am doing Alevels from a foreign country but that doesn't qualify us as foreigners as long as we have a Pakistani passport. You can apply for any university on local seat with an equivalence certificate, NICOP and a domicile (as I've heard)..
Anyways you've already applied for the international seat so... May the odds be ever in your favour ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts