Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AssalaamoAlaikum

My parents want me to become a docotor. I on the other hand want to become a teacher. Well, here in the U.S. becoming a doctor is really expensive. For my parents sake I am considering to become a doctor. They want me to go to Dow Medical College in Karachi. I am in the last year of high school, and will inshallah graduate in June. I came to America when I was a infant. I am a U.S. citizen but I was born in
Pakistan. My question is will I be counted as a foriegn student? Also is it too late for me to get admission to DMC for the year 2007? And oh yea one last question, what are the fees? Thank You

Allah Hafiz

·
Registered
21 Posts
wa alaikum as salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

i think you'll be counted as a foreign student if you have a foreign passport/nationality. admission for 2008 is starting...i think deadline is sometime in october? 2007 is closed. inshallah someone else can answer the other questions, im not really knowledgable in this matter :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanxzz
also like what are the requirements to get in DMC?
i have taken science classes such as bio chem and physics. I have also taken pyschology

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Hey Naaz, please check out the other threads about IBCC Equivalence and Pakistan Medical Colleges in order to find out the answers to your questions.

Good luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
well naaz,i am a pre-medical student but i can answer some of your questions.first of all,as a friend,i would like to tell you that plz apply in dow medical college if u r genius.i think the fees for foreigners is 2-3 lacs in rupees but u have to pay it in dollars.well i will also take test this year.now let us try to find solution to your major problem!whatever is our parent's decision,its always the best.but as u have pre-planned to be a teacher,u can do it as well!!!after doing MBBS u r able to teach in any medical college and i think its better than to become a teacher without MBBs.well,why dont u think abt BDS???u can send me private message as well.i am always ready 2 help u and other.whenever u give me response,i'll give u further info.take care!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts