Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Anyone here about National University of Sciences and Technology, a friend told me to consider this place, and I never have heard about it on this forum. Heres the site. Anyone have any info about this place let me know. Thanks

www.nust.edu.pk

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
The National University of Science & Technology (NUST) does NOT have its own medical college. Instead, they have some seats which are reserved at Army Medical College in Rawalpindi and they have an admissions process for those reserved seats. If you get into the medical program through NUST, you go to Army Medical College but you're not required to serve in the military upon graduation (I'm pretty sure).

So to sum up, NUST does not have its own college.

·
Registered
4 Posts
rehan is correct..nust is affiliated with army medical college..so basically you study at AMC but you get your seat from NUST and your degree is from NUST as well..

I'm currently a third year med student at AMC: an NFC, which is a NUST foreign cadet. If you have any more questions about AMC or NUST, do let me know, I'll be more than happy to answer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fairza800, how do you like the place? Is it strict? n I heard you guys have uniforms? how is it for a foreigner?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Isnt Army affiliated with NUST instead of vice versa? =) I know Faiza just LOVES the army uniform!

·
Registered
4 Posts
the place is VERY strict...i mean u get fines or extra drills for things like not wearing your beret, not saluting, being in the library during lecture hours, missing wards...etc..etc...etc

But you get used to that eventually, the worst part about the place is the narrow-mindedness of the ppl...man it gets to u sometimes. All in all I don't think its the best place in pak for a foreigner. Not really a very receptive environment. The facilities and teachers are only second best to AKU especially since the college has started expanding. The admin is also getting a lot better...much more supportive of the students and they are finally favoring academia over discipline.

We do have uniform...which of course I do LOVE ;) Girls wear saris, guys wear khaki...but I've heard that the order has been passed to change to camouflage n that'll prolly be implemented in the next two-three years. I think its cool, can't wait to be walking around all commando-like (GI Jane).

Yoseph..NUST with AMC or AMC with NUST...orange juice, orange soda...whats the difference :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
the place is VERY strict...i mean u get fines or extra drills for things like not wearing your beret, not saluting, being in the library during lecture hours, missing wards...etc..etc...etc

But you get used to that eventually, the worst part about the place is the narrow-mindedness of the ppl...man it gets to u sometimes. All in all I don't think its the best place in pak for a foreigner. Not really a very receptive environment. The facilities and teachers are only second best to AKU especially since the college has started expanding. The admin is also getting a lot better...much more supportive of the students and they are finally favoring academia over discipline.

We do have uniform...which of course I do LOVE ;) Girls wear saris, guys wear khaki...but I've heard that the order has been passed to change to camouflage n that'll prolly be implemented in the next two-three years. I think its cool, can't wait to be walking around all commando-like (GI Jane).

Yoseph..NUST with AMC or AMC with NUST...orange juice, orange soda...whats the difference :p
faiza could u guide me how to prepare for the test and which books is best and how many words should i prepare for english and from where?do u also tell me some good mcqs books
thanx#laugh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wasanbaloch...why would u be surprised, I mean u were the one who started the topic.

Meraal- I am a foreign student so I had to give the SAT2s in chem, physics, bio. Are u planning on giving the SAT2s or the local entrance exam? In any case, the best review books for both exams is the princeton review series. I just read those along with the regular high school text book and managed to do pretty well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wasanbaloch...why would u be surprised, I mean u were the one who started the topic.

Meraal- I am a foreign student so I had to give the SAT2s in chem, physics, bio. Are u planning on giving the SAT2s or the local entrance exam? In any case, the best review books for both exams is the princeton review series. I just read those along with the regular high school text book and managed to do pretty well.
thanx faiza for ue help:happy:

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey everyone... was wondering if all those applying to AMC (NUST) received the entry test cards?
cuz the engineering candidates here in isloo have already recieved their's...

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey,
i will be attending army medical college soon, is there any foreigner that can talk about the experiences??..How are the dorms and how is life there??

·
Registered
159 Posts
sup people
iv applied to nust for medicine as an overseas paki on my sat 2 scores and i have a combined score of 2330
i got a merit no of 1086 in the test...
do i have some chance of gettin thru

·
Registered
5 Posts
i want to be 'a uk girl stuck in pakistan' lol. help?

rehan is correct..nust is affiliated with army medical college..so basically you study at AMC but you get your seat from NUST and your degree is from NUST as well..

I'm currently a third year med student at AMC: an NFC, which is a NUST foreign cadet. If you have any more questions about AMC or NUST, do let me know, I'll be more than happy to answer.

salam faiza,

i want to be a 'uk girl stuck in pakistan' lol. i would love to go the the amc but need a lot more info on the application process as a foreigner. how do i apply through nust? is this a better way of applying? do you get army training throughout the 5 yr degree? so will you serve the army once you have finished your five year (assuming you havent done so already)? please help i would love to be an army doctor !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ayesha x

·
Registered
347 Posts
salam faiza,

i want to be a 'uk girl stuck in pakistan' lol. i would love to go the the amc but need a lot more info on the application process as a foreigner. how do i apply through nust? is this a better way of applying? do you get army training throughout the 5 yr degree? so will you serve the army once you have finished your five year (assuming you havent done so already)? please help i would love to be an army doctor !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ayesha x
Its look like you realy like army. well ask them. I think you will get your training beging of the frist year to end of the last year. thats why army college are saprate from othere. Army college do accept "SAFRISHES". it will better to have some one in army befor, or you have to get good grads. Good luck kee loving Pak army. Allah may help you regurd your wish.:happy:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its look like you realy like army. well ask them. I think you will get your training beging of the frist year to end of the last year. thats why army college are saprate from othere. Army college do accept "SAFRISHES". it will better to have some one in army befor, or you have to get good grads. Good luck kee loving Pak army. Allah may help you regurd your wish.:happy:
what are safrishes?????

do they require that i complte gces and alevels? or can i get in with gcse results?

thanks

do you have a number for the amc that i could ring directly????

·
Registered
5 Posts
sup people
iv applied to nust for medicine as an overseas paki on my sat 2 scores and i have a combined score of 2330
i got a merit no of 1086 in the test...
do i have some chance of gettin thru
how do apply for nust? and whats a merit? what test do you have to sit? have you done alevels? what grades did you get?

thanks for your time and help

1 - 20 of 41 Posts