Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was just browsing through the net the other day, and i came across this medical college in lhr, CMH Lahore Medical College, apparently, its the shit! as they say, the faculty is really good, the facilities and equipment are just off the hook, and ive also heard that its going to be affiliated with King Edward Medical University, they've already selected their first batch of the 06/07 session, but anyone applying next year should definetly take a look! i personally think its going to be a heck of a college, besides its got the CMH hospital as its teaching hospital (1000 bed) which is the oldest medical institution in the country, older than mayo hospital!, anyways heres the site, www.cmhlahore.com!

p.s two really good professors (Anatomy and Physiology) have left AMC (Army Medical College -NUST) and are on the faulty list of CMH.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is this college in the IMED - FAIMER list? If it isn't it would be useless to study there cuz you can't go back to the U.S. with a school thats not in the IMED list. Anyhow its looks pretty good from the three tiny pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Sounds great -- however one word of caution -- they have not been recognized by the Pakistani Medical & Dental Council (PM&DC) yet.

This doesn't mean they will be denied membership -- it just means that they have applied and PM&DC hasn't ruled either way on them yet.

Unless you have a lot of trust in the school's administration being recognized while you're studying there, it would be prudent to attend a college which has already been recognized instead.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I checked out CMH Lahore Medical College...it seems nice. But i was shocked to see that many forgeiners applyed even though its new college. well if it becomes accredited by next year i think i might apply to it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
MEDICAL COLLEGES IN LAHORE: King Edwards, Allama Iqbal, FJMC, LMC,FMMC

ANy one planing on applying to medical colleges in Lahore???
What have u heard about the private colleges?
How tough is admission??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, umm, its not on the list as u suggested ultra spy, but as soon as it gets recognized by the pmdc it will be up there, as it will be affiliated with KEMU which is on the list. And trust me CMH will have no problems getting recognized by the PMDC as its run by the army, and well all of u know, how much power the army have , they just have to start their classes for pmdc to do anything, coz otherwise they cant, if the classes havnt started, coz it would look to obvious! all in all , i think its cool! :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I dont know if this goes here or not, but there is another government college in Lahore called Services Institute of Medical Sciences (SIMS). Its a government college, and their website says that it has been, "provisionally recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council." Although they are not on the FAIMER list. Anyways its looks like a very good college, and just thought if you guys would like to know.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is SIMS accredited?? My friend told me that if u are planning on applyin to a private college in Lahore the best is SIMS because the goverment created it or somthing lke that but then again i remembered when check last time it was not accredited.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Is SIMS accredited?? My friend told me that if u are planning on applyin to a private college in Lahore the best is SIMS because the goverment created it or somthing lke that but then again i remembered when check last time it was not accredited.
SIMS falls under the control of the Health Ministry of the Government of Punjab and is accredited. You won't ever have to worry about a govt. college being accredited -- it's like the left hand telling the right hand its ok #wink

·
Registered
173 Posts
yah.SIMS is accredited,no need to worry about the thing. but i think so far in the private sector,fatima memorial medical college stand out because CMH college is yet to start and LMDC..yah its good but on the average,FMH college is higher on the merit,students prefer it more than LMDC and faculty is really good at FMH,honeslty speaking i dont know much about the faculty there in LMDC.Exceptions are still there nyways ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
DOc Ammara,

Yah i agree with u....cuz my cousin she said that FMMC is the best out of all the private collegs in LAHORE and its very hard to get into..!

·
Registered
173 Posts
the thing is that you may get into these colleges much easier than FMMC ,talking about private ones,but you may find urself in an environment that is not very competitive and feel like" a figure among cyphers".so if you really wanna study at a challanging place,i would advise FMMc is the right place ! at least try your best to get into it if u miss the govt sector and wanna stay at lahore nyways.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I heard a lot of bad things about allam iqbal medical college...hope there not true! But dose anybody know anything about the atmosphere and enviorment!?!?

·
Registered
83 Posts
im going to pakistan in June 2006 will i have enough time to apply?? and what if i go in the end of june would that be cutting it to close??

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
im going to pakistan in June 2006 will i have enough time to apply?? and what if i go in the end of june would that be cutting it to close??
That all depends on whether or not you already have your IBCC Equivalence Certificate. The time it takes in getting that really varies depending on their mood, your transcripts, etc. Some people get theirs in 7 days, others get it in a month. I'd say if you go near the beginning of June that would give you a nice safety margin in case something goes wrong at the IBCC office.

·
Registered
539 Posts
isnt that a kind of late reply lol. June 2006 is long gonE!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
help!?!

hey, i've jst joined this forum, and i only WISH i had found out about this website earlier. I wouldn't have to be going thru all the crap that I am now #angry . Newayz to make a long story short, didn't have ANY info on the whole admission process for foreigners when i came to pakistan. all i knew wz abt IBCC....which u all prolli kno is a pain in the @$$! Now my last option is Lahore Medical College i filed an application there, and along with some "sources" shamefully..but that's how things work in pakistan as i've heard and witnessed. I hope to find out soon whether i got in or not...don't find out till the gov't med scools' lists are posted.
What i need help for now is i need the 411 on LMC.. All i ever heard about was KE, FJMC or AIMC. Can someone plz help me out and let me know, what kind of reputation LMC has, how's the faculty,students, evironment, etc. How well, if at all, do they prepare u for the USMLEs. #baffled I'm really hoping someone can help me out. Cz apparently no one knows nething here, or they don't wana tell u.

ps. sorry if i'm posting in the wrong thread!
btw..LOVE the smileys! :happy:

1 - 20 of 136 Posts