Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isnt it kind of weird, I mean I think most nurses are more qualified than most medical students, yet lots put Dr. in front of their name even now lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I do that, but I do it kidding around with my friends. I would never ever in my life use the title in the field, falsely. Its not only against the law, but its not ethical. #angry:happy:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Actually, where I'm at (La UASD) All the Dr./professors call there medical students Doctor Such and Such... For example, when I am asked to answer a question in class I am refered to as Dr. Barosy.
Other then that, I never take it upon myself to to say that I am a Doctor.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Actually, where I'm at (La UASD) All the Dr./professors call there medical students Doctor Such and Such... For example, when I am asked to answer a question in class I am refered to as Dr. Barosy.
Other then that, I never take it upon myself to to say that I am a Doctor.
It's the same here too... but because of it I started writing it on all of my tests and stuff too, just for kicks. I put a "God willing" at the end of it too though #wink

·
Registered
43 Posts
i just like to call myself dr.evil cuz i really like mike meyers and his three movies " austin powers"...... nothing to do with medicine actually !

·
Registered
173 Posts
yah that word " dr. saab/dr. sahiba" sounds pretty kool#cool because it makes you feel worth a dr. years before you actually are.#laugh

and you know what,whenever i get ill and gotta see a dr. ,he doesnt charge me a fee saying " if i am going to charge her a fee,then she will also charge me in the future which i am totally not intended to ".#grin

·
Registered
61 Posts
Putting doctor next to your name is a great way of transitioning into this noble social group.

Most of the time society looks at ones reputation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i think its a way to recognizes you as a health care student, i just say Dr. Carlos with friends, but i think too its anti ethical to use it as if you were a real doctor...

·
Registered
1 Posts
actually medical student is not a doctor as long as he/she is still not qualified to do so...
even with my friends I don't like to be referred as Dr. because it's sort of prestige i don't deserve yet.
some of my fellows call themselves Dr.s just for reputation I guess

·
Registered
6 Posts
One should not call himself a doc unless he is a doc, coz there are times u will be embarrass if someone ask u something u dont know. I have seen many students putting the sticker of doctor on their cars, what if there is an emergency and ppl ask them for their help, they wont get a way out coz if they will run they will spoil the reputation to all the docs and if they stay what will they do. So think about this and dont ever do this mistake.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I remember going to my physio proff viva last year and Professor Akram was like, "Dr. Sahiba, what is homonculus?" And the thing with him is that he usually doesn't look at you when he is asking u something, so I started looking around the room n at the internal like huh is he talking to me? That was the first time anyone other than people like chokidars called me Doc Saab/Sahiba. It was weird but cool. #happy#yes

·
Registered
415 Posts
Interesting, a lot of professors at King Edward in Lahore address kids generally in the lecture hall as "doctor saab," so I'm kinda getting used to it -- although I admit it does feel weird because I'm nowhere nearly qualified enough to receive the title haha!

P.S. Tasha, do you go to KE?! If so what year?

·
Registered
418 Posts
prof. akram never looks at girls during vivas and 2nd of all he was for physio.....so shes a bonafide kemcolian....................

i dont call myself doctor but everyone in my family does..........
would be crummy if i flunked out..............

1 - 20 of 22 Posts