Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking that u should start a new thread which contain MCAT questions
and medical students can post some questions and members like us [pre medical]
can get an idea how will be the questions in MCAT [entry test] will be......
there is a thread but it contain only 3 questions......

·
Registered
88 Posts
they have some websites that have practice tests, but i get confused because on one of the webs it says MCAT i dont know if thats similar to Pakistan Entry test or is it a sample for the one the happens on North America...?

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
MCAT is not at all like the entrance exams you'll take in Pakistan. The MCAT is much more difficult and covers a lot of material not taught in high school, whereas a standard Pakistani entrance exam will cover every single thing taught in high school equivalent classes-- just to put it very roughly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
thanks thats a relief i was thinking i was gonna fail it in the first attempt after doing the practice questions on the web so if you study from the FSE books from Pak you would be fine....?

·
Registered
292 Posts
guys me too uSing MCAT and it does have questions which i m nt familiar wid.......

·
Registered
613 Posts
hm i think pepsin is damaging pepsinogen is its inactive form in which it is secreted and then converted to pepsin in the presence of already present pepsin or hcl, which acts on proteins

·
Registered
98 Posts
mcat has passages, u can't go off memory, u have to use ur knowledge and the info in the passage..and let me tell u, it's hard, it's tricky, and it's a headache, so putting up practice questions won't help, unless u put up passages... let me know if u guys want some, i have previous exams saved somewhere.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I believe they are talking about Pakistani MCAT... MCAT required to get into medschool in USA is very different and i must add, comparatively difficult too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
well i dnt know abt USA MCAT if its more difficult ...
bt i kan bet dat competion here to get admission in medical colleges is much more mounting den in america ..
every year alot ov thousands ov students apply nd only 1800 are selected in punjab medical colgs .. nd some 2000 in oder provinces ...

·
Registered
132 Posts
well i dnt know abt USA MCAT if its more difficult ...
bt i kan bet dat competion here to get admission in medical colleges is much more mounting den in america ..
every year alot ov thousands ov students apply nd only 1800 are selected in punjab medical colgs .. nd some 2000 in oder provinces ...

Competition every where is threatening, not just in Pakistan. Medicine as a field is getting saturated way too fast.

The only option if you're really interested in medicine is to work hard consistently and eagerly, and also put yourself last before your patients and studies

The best teacher you can have in med school is your patient #yes

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes dats da ultimate reality dat competition is gr8 in dis field ...
nd we hav to face it .. thanku 4 sch gr8 advice .. espacially ur signature quote is awsome ..

·
Registered
132 Posts
yes dats da ultimate reality dat competition is gr8 in dis field ...
nd we hav to face it .. thanku 4 sch gr8 advice .. espacially ur signature quote is awsome ..
hahah Thank you, your way too kind #happy
and may you find success in whatever you are seeking. Ameen!

:happy:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts