Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if one can apply to both Private and Government Colleges as both a local as well as a foreign student? I'm assuming you have to write the entrance test if applying for a local seat and provide them with the Equivalence Certificate (if you've done Grade 12 from outside Pakistan)?

Also, it is quite vague on the IBCC website; I was wondering if they need the original documents (Grade12 transcript & O'levels marks sheet, in my case) or just the copies of them and at one place in the form, they've even asked for the original foreign passport, not just the copies of it. Thats doesn't seem right to me at all, so it would be much appreciated if anyone can clarify this issue.

Also, can you hand in your documents personally or through a relative to IBCC office or do they have to be mailed (sent through Pakistani embassy)?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I was wondering if they need the original documents (Grade12 transcript & O'levels marks sheet, in my case) or just the copies of them and at one place in the form, they've even asked for the original foreign passport, not just the copies of it. Thats doesn't seem right to me at all, so it would be much appreciated if anyone can clarify this issue.
Yeah I remember when I applied that seemed kind of shady to me too. You should send them whatever original documents you can, such as your original transcript & O'levels marks sheet, but make sure you have other originals yourself too in case you need them. I got about 5 original transcripts from my high school so that I would have some extra in case they got misplaced during the equivalence or application process. Don't send them your original passport. Just make copies of that. You're totally right, it wouldn't make sense to send them your original passport lol.[/quote]

Also, can you hand in your documents personally or through a relative to IBCC office or do they have to be mailed (sent through Pakistani embassy)?
You don't have to hand your documents in personally. You can send them to a relative who can submit them to the IBCC office (that's what I did). Mailing them to the Pakistani embassy is just one option you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts