Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyyy...

Its not fair the med only student boars looks amazing and ours... well quite emaciated to be honest. So I think we should get heads togeather and start rolling with the Dentists and our Forums. I think to start; if anyone can get a list of universities in Pak offering dentistry programmes that would be brilliant. I know I spent hours and hours looking for a good list of accredited uni's (govt. and prvt.) this summer and it was a nightmare. So if anyone can get a list of some sort that would be great! #grin

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Super! Thanks wasan. Do you know if these are accredited with the British Dental Council / The american version of the BDC?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Super! Thanks wasan. Do you know if these are accredited with the British Dental Council / The american version of the BDC?
If these universities are on the WHO list then wont the BDC accept them, like for example for medicine, most of the universities listed worldwide on the WHO list are accepted by the GMC.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apparently not Majid I just got this list from the Genral Dental Council (GDC) website:

PAKISTAN

Bahauddin Zakariya University (Multan) - Dentistry
Baqai Medical University (Karachi) - Dentistry
Gandhara University (Peshawar) - Dentistry
Hamdard University (Karachi) - Dentistry
Isra University (Hyderabad) - Dentistry
Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences (Jamshoro) - Dentistry
National University of Science and Technology (Punjab) - Dentistry
Riphah International University (Islamabad) - Dental Surgery
University of Balochistan - Dentistry
University of Health Sciences (Lahore) - Dentistry
University of Karachi - Dentistry
University of Peshawar - Dentistry
University of Sindh (Jamshoro) - Dentistry
University of the Punjab (Lahore) - Dentistry

They've got lists for all international uni's...not all these universities match up with the WHO list.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Saira, From what I know. The US only accepts dental schools in US and CANADA, you gotta do the extra 2 years to be able to work in the states. But for the Degree to be valid and to get into the 2 year program, i think the uni has to be WHO certified.

Also, is Lahore medical and Dental college WHO certified?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saira, From what I know. The US only accepts dental schools in US and CANADA, you gotta do the extra 2 years to be able to work in the states. But for the Degree to be valid and to get into the 2 year program, i think the uni has to be WHO certified.

Also, is Lahore medical and Dental college WHO certified?
Yes (Thats directly from a 1st hand source, haven't got the list infront of me right now, but am certain it is).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts