Medical Students Forums banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Guys i have 84.2 aggregate and i live in Wah Cantt.
Which college should i opt for Wah medical or go for some in Lahore ?
And can i give mcat again next year after joining a private institute ?

P.S I just need some different opinions thats all.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Guys i have 84.2 aggregate and i live in Wah Cantt.
Which college should i opt for Wah medical or go for some in Lahore ?
And can i give mcat again next year after joining a private institute ?

P.S I just need some different opinions thats all.
You can get into pretty much any private college you want to. Wah is a good college and I think it'll be more convenient studying there, plus the degree you'll get is pretty much the same from all UHS affiliated colleges.

If you do decide to come to Lahore, Shalamar will be the best choice.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can get into pretty much any private college you want to. Wah is a good college and I think it'll be more convenient studying there, plus the degree you'll get is pretty much the same from all UHS affiliated colleges.

If you do decide to come to Lahore, Shalamar will be the best choice.
Okay thanks.
Here's the last thing that should i try mcat next year after getting into Wah or some other private just for the sake of getting into RMC or other govt colleges ? Or will it be difficult to handle both mbbs and ET ?
P.S Affordability is not an issue (Alhumdullilah) but just for the sake of better standards.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Okay thanks.
Here's the last thing that should i try mcat next year after getting into Wah or some other private just for the sake of getting into RMC or other govt colleges ? Or will it be difficult to handle both mbbs and ET ?
P.S Affordability is not an issue (Alhumdullilah) but just for the sake of better standards.
If my memory serves me right, didn't a girl from Wah stood first in the UHS final prof exam last year, beating Allama Iqbal and RMC?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Okay thanks.
I think you'd have to start from year one in that case. Don't quote me on this, but I think you'd waste a year trying to go for a government college after paying the fee for the first year in a private college. As far as studies go Avicenna, Wah, CPMC, FMH, Akhter Saeed etc Have been beating government colleges in passing percentages and overall positions in UHS. However, the clinical exposure that government colleges give is unparalleled, you will not get textbook patients in a private hospital. The degree is the same though.

So you'll just have to decide for yourself at this point. I personally am not sure if a gap year is worth it for a government institute.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Generally speaking Govt colleges are better in exposure but POF Wah hospital is very much like a government hospital. Their service is like a government hospital too ;) I did end up in their Emergency Ward once after a small accident but it was many years ago. Not sure how much clinical exposure students get there but since Ahsun is from Wah, he can probably see for himself.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Haha.POF Hospital is like a government hospital becuase it is under the Cantonment area and is in no way a private hospital. But Holy Family and RGH level is incomparible still.
And yes you're right Escalations. Sadaf Faisal Bhopal got the 1st position in UHS Final year. She had been getting positions in all proffs since 2010-11 as i remember. And her father Dr.Faisal Bhopa was a senior of my dad in RMC and is still a proffessor in RMC i think.

Sorry to bother you by loads of info btw. :p

101 - 120 of 131 Posts