Medical Students Forums banner
21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
There is no teachr thr who could taught u..the ppl in it says u can easily get into it..n thr r two medical colleges of sharif one is private n one govt..the private one donot display itz merit..no one recommends it..
agree...........two of my friends from abroad had really poor aggregate but got in sharif..no other college accepted them!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Foreign seats always have low merit and any one can get admission on these seats there are 10 seats reserved for them in every college
i better mention they have not seated on foreign seats.... or may be there aggregate might not sound poor at all to those who dont even hope to get in government clgz..in other words private colleges always have a low merit!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not at all, Most private colleges have aggregate above 80 for mbbs and each year merit increases irregularly but most at the rate of 4% with respect to govt merit. Last year was a paradox, While the merit for govt decreased merit in private increased by 3-4% give or take in each college. I compared the merit lists of most private schools with each other and again compared them with year 2013 and with 2012 and with 2011, I really wonder if the merit again will increase this year too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not at all, Most private colleges have aggregate above 80 for mbbs and each year merit increases irregularly but most at the rate of 4% with respect to govt merit. Last year was a paradox, While the merit for govt decreased merit in private increased by 3-4% give or take in each college. I compared the merit lists of most private schools with each other and again compared them with year 2013 and with 2012 and with 2011, I really wonder if the merit again will increase this year too.
80 above is not high if we talk with comparison to government clgz !

·
Registered
317 Posts
80% above may not be as high as govt merit but it is still high enough. The way the merit is increasing in private med schools is really quite baffling, every year it increases irregularly. most low tier colleges which had very low aggreagates few years ago now have above 80 and it keeps on increasing.

21 - 40 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.