Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice urdu skills Natacha! lol

Well I obviously speak English,then I speak Urdu, Saraiki(dilect of Punjabi and Sindhi), enough Spanish to order food and the quantity of food example(uno burrito) and ask how you and your family are doing, Arabic:all stuff i pick up from my freinds, ohh and one word in Luthwanian(Kurva)

Whats up dawg?
Kia hall hay kutay?
Kia haal hin kutay?
Que pasa perro?
Kaifak kalb?

hahaha...I think that sums up my lingual skills pretty well...

·
Registered
198 Posts
my turn.....

As i am a local, so im fluent at Urdu at first and we are also taught Urdu as a subject too but i dont know that sophisticated Krachi Urdu so well.I can also speak English,Punjabi ( more about understanding it rather than speaking) and Saraiki (my mother tongue and am really good at it now since in our hospital,most of the admited patients are not so educated and the local language is Saraiki,so speaking it with patients has made me fluent at it too).to mention it too,i can also get few countable phrases and words/slangs of Arabic,Sindhi,Persian,Pushto,French,Bengali and Nepalese,etc. languages.:D

DOC AMARA! haha you speak Saraiki too! Represent! I speak full Saraiki too! Never thought I'd meet anyone on this forum that would speak Saraiki...Where you from?
Im from Dera Ghazi Khan deeper to Tausa Shareef, and i can go further but the people wont know where im talking about

·
Registered
198 Posts
ohh i see!
well....i m basically a Saraiki...my Mom,Dad both are,so do i! i belong to Multan,purely local...and proud to b #cool .thats why inspite of being the topper of Entry Test for Punjab medical colleges year 2004, i prefered my home town to going to KEMC (Lahore).so now stuyding in Nishtar Medical College, Multan ( 3rd yr). we hav started with our clinical rotations and u might b knowing most of the patients speak Saraiki here....n i love to speak with them in Saraiki.so u are from DG Khan and now residing in US.r u planning to get admision here in Pak medical colleges.Prefer Punjab over Sindh as u are from this province, so its better for u!:happy:

what u say?? should we start speaking Saraiki on the forum...#laugh
Ohh nice, love to hear your proud of your language.yup im from the DGK and now in the states, deray alay taraki kar gain(hehe). im not considering sindh at all.I have been to nishtar so many times,i know the place very well .I want to get admission in Nishtar too... or LMDC. I was in pakistan last summer, and nishtar was constructing a new building for BDS, next to the library, has it been completed?...Bia suraow multan tight hay? i had two cousins go to nishtar, i dont know if u know them Irfan Ahmed buzdar and Ghazala Atta Buzdar(was doing fcps)...ohh and i hope and and your family are safe, i heard about the bombing on the flyover.#sad...Acha Ammara baji vala gaal thini hay..take care.bia ay dasaow keh nishtar ich admission ghinar okha hay? like entry test pass kar keh ve tang karainin admission vastay?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.