Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone is doing well.
Just wondering what is written on your A level equivalency. As Khyber medical university wants me to sent them a proof in order to show I studied A levels aboard. I have already summited my A level certificate, along with A level equivalency but it says Pakistan in the bracket; next to where it says my A level board in equivalency therefore they don't accept it. Despite the fact I sent them my UK college card along with my enrolment booklet. I know it isn't a valid proof but it says nowhere on the internet that I needed to bring some kind of certificate from my college to prove I was there A kevel student. I'm stressing out i don't know what i should do. I studied o levels from Pakistan and then went to UK to study A levels.
Any help would highly be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hope everyone is doing well.
Just wondering what is written on your A level equivalency. As Khyber medical university wants me to sent them a proof in order to show I studied A levels aboard. I have already summited my A level certificate, along with A level equivalency but it says Pakistan in the bracket; next to where it says my A level board in equivalency therefore they don't accept it. Despite the fact I sent them my UK college card along with my enrolment booklet. I know it isn't a valid proof but it says nowhere on the internet that I needed to bring some kind of certificate from my college to prove I was there A kevel student. I'm stressing out i don't know what i should do. I studied o levels from Pakistan and then went to UK to study A levels.
Any help would highly be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Send them passport entry exit stamp shows that at time of exam I was in UK.
Other way the last attended school can issue a certificate that u r regulate student of A level of this this school and did completed grade 12

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Ibbc write in bracket Pakistan becz u did o level from Pakistan, I hope u did o level with 8 subject included pak studies, islamiyat and urdu.
There should be no issue as condition is that u should complete grade 12 from abroad, so u should present passport or s jool certificate
Check I think on state of result or main certificate, they also mention the name of school u registered

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys . Its all sorted. My college sent them an email and it has been approved.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all,

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if you are from USA and applying to medical schools in pakistan this year. If so, I just wanted to let you know that after 2024, you will not be allowed to apply for residency programs in the USA with pakistani medical schools degree. I am not making any of this up this is according to the ECFMG 2024 (previously 2023) announcement which I have referenced below. They require the country to have all of its medical schools accredited and pakistan is not on the list nor have they applied for accreditation . It takes 6 years to become accredited so I dont want you guys to be stuck in a limbo half way ( or completely done) through your mbbs degree. I have referenced below the links as to what i am talking about.

ECFMG 2023 Accreditation Requirement – Moved to 2024 - The World Federation for Medical Education

you can also find this on the ECFMG website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks guys . Its all sorted. My college sent them an email and it has been approved.
wait I've currently doing my o levels and I might be doing my A levels abroad does that still make Pakistan studies , islamiat and Urdu compulsory for me

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wait I've currently doing my o levels and I might be doing my A levels abroad does that still make Pakistan studies , islamiat and Urdu compulsory for me
If you are doing o levels in Paksitan then in think you have to study the subjects you have mentioned whereas in A levels you need to only study 3 subjects which are biology, chemistry and physics/Maths unless you want to study other subjects aswell..

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are doing o levels in Paksitan then in think you have to study the subjects you have mentioned whereas in A levels you need to only study 3 subjects which are biology, chemistry and physics/Maths unless you want to study other subjects aswell..
Wait it is compulsory? I have foreign nationality and I only did o levels in Pakistan and I'm gonna do my A levels abroad . Did u do ur o levels in Pakistan and if so did you do Pakistan studies , Urdu , and islamiat?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait it is compulsory? I have foreign nationality and I only did o levels in Pakistan and I'm gonna do my A levels abroad . Did u do ur o levels in Pakistan and if so did you do Pakistan studies , Urdu , and islamiat?
Yes, i did my o level from Pakistan and i did study urdu, pak-study and islamiyat. I'm not sure wether its compulsory, but i don't think it is as long as you have studied 8 subject's in your o levels

1 - 12 of 12 Posts