Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I did really bad in the UHS test (535/1100). I really needed to get good marks in the mcat since my equivalence for fsc is 65%. My equivalence for matric was 81%. This makes my total percentage an extremely disappointing 58%

I know government colleges are completely out of the question. Is it worth applying to private medical colleges in islamabad or lahore? Can I get admissions any where?

My parents still want me to try. I don't think it's worth it. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
51 Posts
You could opt for BDS too by the way.. It will be cmpleted in 5 years compared to 7 years of MBBS. And MBBS is too challenging. Don't mind but I think if we can't secure great marks with only these Fsc books, how can we pass each MBBS year. My aggregate is also not good, it's 72% and I am going to try for BDS seat at Islamic International. Though I know I can easily get in MBBS of Isra Medical College but why make yourself suffer for 7 years??

·
Registered
528 Posts
o_O... BDS is 4 years, MBBS is 5 years.
One cannot tell ones aptitude simply by basing the judgement on a broken system of education that has been unchanged for over 15 years, much less re-edited and corrected.

Please either give correct information or stay silent on the matter. Besides that, yes, BDS is a very good option as well, znb, and a bit easier then MBBS/shorter then MBBS, so if you want you could try for that in LMDC or perhaps Islamic.

·
Registered
51 Posts
According to the newest information, MBBS degree will not be granted to any student unless he/she completes 2 years of House Job. That makes a complete MBBS degree of 7 years nd BDS has 1 year house job making it a course of 5 years. This is the correct information. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
What's the difference between foreign and overseas seat? I have been informed by some aunty that there are some overseas seats in GOVERNMENT medical colleges like Sargodha but there fees would be just like that of private institute so I wanted to know is that true? People says that degree from government college is valued much more as compared to private institutes degree which urges me to retake the MCAT if that's true? Any reply will be really helpful.Thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
There is no real difference, except there are those who have foreign nationality, and those who have dual nationaly [Pakistani + another]. Yes govt. schools do have foreign seats reserved. No the degree is not really different from that of private colleges AFAIK, since both get degrees issued by UHS, the difference would probably be the huge disparity in fee's, and the patient exposure.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Dude, house job/foundation year is 1 year in duration. The house job of 1 year is divided into rotations in different allied subjects under Medicine and Surgery and Gyn/Obs. It's one year of internship and 5 years of medical education equaling 6 years. I would really like you to show me where you saw it on PMDC's website. Haha :/ It's of One Year ONLY.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.