Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, How's it going? I'm Wafa and i'm from the U.S
I am pre-med and as of right now I am really interested in specializing in Cardiothoracic surgery or Neurosurgery. People often ask me why am i interested in cardiothoracic or neuro, and I often respond by saying..."I am not sure why, but hopefully when I go to med school I will be able to give you a better answer!" I am interested about going abroad, which includes Pakistan...(so if anyone who is from the U.S and is currently going to Med school in Pakistan (Lahore) I will really appreciate it if I get some feedback from you!) Honestly, I am more focused about what I am going to do with my life right now, then having to worry "where i am going to see my self in the next ten years" I am determined, positive and very sure that Medicine is the right field for me!

Any advice would be appreciated!!!! :happy:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
hey wafa,
welcome to the forum. there's actually quite a few posts/threads by U.S. students. Look around at some of the threads and then if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Assalaamualaikum Wafia,Currently in medical school at Nisthar Medical College, Multan.What college are you interested in at Lahore? Private/Public? Looking for PTAP admission or self-finance? Want to go to a "nice" college or does it not matter? Lot of American/Canadian students here, but we all go to very different type of schools.I know quite a few people in Lahore, if you need contacts I can hook you up:King EdwardsAlama IqbalLahore Medical and Dental CollegeFatimah JinnahI may be able to get someone from SIMSAre you interested in other cities as well?Allah Hafiz,Humza

·
Registered
2 Posts
salam wafa.this is faizan from Sindh medical college, karachi.here in karachi a recently established DOW UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES is established which is controlling the old medical colleges DMC(DOW MEDICAL COLLEGE) and SMC (SINDH MEDICAL COLLEGE). and now it has introduced a new medical college only for foreign students named as DOW INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL COLLEGE. beside that an institute for oral health sciences and medical technology has also been established.
if you are willing to come to karachi than i can help u a lot.besides these Govt. colleges and universities here are some international private universities as AGHA KHAN MEDICAL UNIVERSITY and many more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone!
I?ve just started my medical courses?1 year since I have started medical studies. I?ve never wanted to become a doctor but my mom wanted to become one so, this explains why I?m studying it. I joined the forum to share my experiences with you. It has only been 1 year since I have joined the medical college and my parents and even my neighbors see me as a doctor and they even ask for medical help from me. I tell them that I?m not a doctor yet?. I have to learn a lot. Yesterday a cousin of mine approached me to discuss about some medical problem. She was asking me if betadine is good for wound recovery?..oh oh!!!! Tell me how I am supposed to know about it. Has anyone been in such situations?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts