Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm 2 year student of Queen's Medical School and I'm writing an essay about interaction between innovations and medicine. I'm trying to make a deep research of IT impact on medicine and vice versa. So, I found many different innovative medical devices that as I think are small steps in the future. The next one I research is uv light stations, which are the brightest representative of such technology. I'm pleased if the professionals will share their experience about, because I have already read many different articles about pathogens reduction in blood, and found strange and innovative, in some way, medical device or even kind of treatment haven't seen before. (uvlrx.com if someone want to check) Uvltraviolet boold irradiation is the main  goal and properly the main function. In theory and as described on their website such technology should really resolve the blood pathogens problem, because uv destroy infected cells, but the idea is that it is also effecting on red blood cells structure or not? What do you think about?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
However, I have already checked and found everything I need in uvl station press releas in german and other european countries and got for my research B+, so I think it is not so bad, but professor said it is really controversial theme and even for this light treatment innovation are many debatable questions, that would probably stay without answers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have recently put some research in a similar subject area for my thesis. I've gone down the route of looking at new items of technology which are starting to eradicate the need for some of the traditional medical care we usually require and in turn, is helping to reduce the stress on the medical industry. The common items like FitBit and other wearable items can track heart rates, which is helping with reducing the amounts of regular check-ups people need from doctors. Then there are the bigger and more premium items like GrandCare and Paro which have the technology that can essentially replace the need for human care in private or public homes. I'm still in the early stages of my research but there are definitely lots and lots of innovative technologies which are starting to have a big impact on the medical industry. Have you looked into the subject anymore since this post?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts