Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone called me saying Economic Affairs isnt taking any applications for MBBS anymore due to some court case. Here is something I found on the web:

ADMISSION FOR FOREIGNERS AND PAKISTANI ORIGIN STUDENTS HAVING FOREIGN NATIONALITY UNDER SELF FINANCE SCHEME FOR THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2006-2007
The Self Finance Scheme of foreign students admission in professional institutions of Pakistan has recently been transferred to the HEC from the Economic Affairs Division. The scheme with limited number of seats in the disciplines of Medicine (MBBS), Dentistry (BDS), Pharmacy (D.Pharmacy) and B.Sc. Engineering is meant to facilitate both foreign as well as Pakistan origin dual nationality holder students living abroad, for admission in universities/institutions of Pakistan. A student with his/her HSSC or equivalent qualification (either from Pakistan or abroad) is eligible to apply.
Prescribed application form and detailed general conditions of the programme can be downloaded from the HEC Website www.hec.gov.pk/sfs. The last date for receipt of application forms (complete in all respects) is 31st August, 2006. Incomplete applications as well as applications received after the due date shall not be entertained.

( MAHMOOD SULTAN )

Deputy Director​

Academics (Awards)

Higher Education Commission, Sector H-9
Islamabad
Phone No.051-9040316​

Do take note! LAST DATE IS AUGUST 31, 2006. THOSE WHO ARENT READY ARE ALMOST SCREWED !

HERE the site: http://www.hec.gov.pk/htmls/indigenous/fradm/Index.htm

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey malik does tht mean foreigners have a better chance of gettin in under this scheme nex year or not??? Also are u current medical student b/c i have some questions regardin testin!........ well if u can help me w/this ill appreciate it.... the question is tht for prof exam in the end of the year if u happen to fail like 1 subj for example anatomy, and have passed psyiology and biochem would they still allow u to sit for the prof exam....... im wonderin b/c i have cousins scarin me abou this soo if anyone can help me ill appreciate it thnx!

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Med student 786 said:
hey malik does tht mean foreigners have a better chance of gettin in under this scheme nex year or not??? Also are u current medical student b/c i have some questions regardin testin!........ well if u can help me w/this ill appreciate it.... the question is tht for prof exam in the end of the year if u happen to fail like 1 subj for example anatomy, and have passed psyiology and biochem would they still allow u to sit for the prof exam....... im wonderin b/c i have cousins scarin me abou this soo if anyone can help me ill appreciate it thnx!
Med student 786,

From what I understand, the "self finance scheme" originally meant that anyone could pay their way into a college of their choice. So as long as a foreigner had enough money, they were basically automatically accepted if there was enough room at the college. I'm not completely sure about that so hopefully someone else will jump in here.

As for your prof questions, if you fail one subject in a Prof, then you almost always have one more chance to take a test again in that subject only (called the Supplementary exam). If you pass the "supplie" exam, then you get to go on to the next year, but if you fail it, then you spend the next year repeating that subject without taking any classes or exams (let alone a prof) of the next year.

So if you fail first year anatomy but pass biochem and physio, your next academic year consists of nothing but a first year anatomy class. When you finish anatomy and pass the prof which you'll take in just anatomy that year, then you go on to take all the classes of second year.

The trick is, just don't ever fail anything to begin with.#wink

·
Registered
31 Posts
hey everyone, someone told me tht the results the admission to medical colleges in Pakistan on a foreign seat (merit list) would be out on the 15th of september, if anyone finds out, could they plz let me know , thnx

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yo salam all,

Hey tauhid, I recieved the same info. , I guess they've either delayed it or they're lazy and haven't posted the list online yet like they said they would.

·
Registered
173 Posts
you are talking about the results? huh?
they havent yet conducted the test for admission to medical klgs in punjab.and obviosuly the results will be announced after the entry test.so you gotta wait for a while.keep ur fingers crossed!

·
Registered
173 Posts
My pleasure!

and now the authorities have finally planned to conduct the ENTry test on 8 Nov,2006.lets see is that final now or they are going to delay it further though chances are rare for further delay.
as far as private medical colleges are concerned,their tests' dates have been announced separately and even some colleges have already conducted the test.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Salam all!

Doc_Ammara, I think we're talking about two different lists. The list for self-finance students should have been up by September 15, 2006, as the deadline for applications was August 31. We called around some of the offices, and they said that the list for self-finance students should be up within one week, so we'll see how that goes.

Srry Tauhid, I'm not sure what the site address is, as there is no list posted up on any Pak. web site. As soon as I find out where it's posted and when for sure I'll let you know!

·
Registered
12 Posts
does this apply for Pakistani citizens living abroad (meaning Pakistani citizen but living/studying in another country)? or only for non-pakistani citizens?

·
Registered
12 Posts
yes, if i want to get admission and pay the full foreign-student tuition, is this the application i need. I am Pakistani but studying in America (but not american citizen). But my parents are willing to pay the foreign tuition if that makes admission easier.

·
Registered
75 Posts
maybe you guys can help me i'm an american citizen and planning on applying to Pakistani med schools - this is my final year in high school. should i apply to private schools or goverment schools? because the truth is i've slacked off and my GPA isn't what it used to be...any suggestions?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi everyone
I am in the process of applying for foreign seat in Sargodha Medical College their admission start on 06 October 2008 and I can not apply before that but when I checked with HEC their deadline was over on sometime in September. What is the process of applying on this seat directly to the college or we have to send our application to HEC. also do they have seats for overseas people too or just foreign nationals.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts