Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following medical schools are not accredited by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PM&DC), the governing medical body of the Government of Pakistan and therefore any degrees conferred by these schools will not be recognized anywhere in Pakistan or the rest of the world. We strongly discourage anyone from applying to these schools.
  1. Hazara Medical College [Abbottabad]
  2. Jinnah Medical College [Peshawar]
  3. Al-Huda Medical College [Lahore]
  4. Sardar Ghulam Mohammed Maher Medical College [Sukkur]
More information can be found on the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council website.

Updated: September 17, 2008

·
Registered
539 Posts
Islamabad Medical and Dental College stole lots of money from the students and there was a big court case lately, they lost and had to compensate all the students with refunds of all tuition, specially those students who were in 5th year were finally registered with the pmdc and had to go to karachi bahria for some other formalities, the rest of the students were screwed and out of luck but at least some got their money back.. No one should apply to any of these colleges under any circumstances!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Shaikh Zayed Medical College, Rahim Yar Khan is recognized by PMDC

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shaikh Zayed Medical College, Rahim Yar Khan is recognized by PMDC
Good eye Ali! I suppose it was removed from the list in the latest round of PM&DC inspections.

I've updated the list -- Shaikh Zayed Medical College is now approved by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The following schools were previously reported on the list of non-approved PM&DC medical colleges but have now been approved and accredited:

Abbottabad International Medical College [Abbottabad]
Islamabad Medical & Dental College [Islamabad]
Independent Medical College [Faisalabad]
University College of Medicine & Dentistry [Lahore]

·
Registered
159 Posts
there is a new college in abbotabad and its National institute of medical sciences i came to know of it when a guy handed me its brouchere when i was leaving the punjab MCAT test venue

·
Registered
254 Posts
sharif medical college, lahore is also nt recognized by PMDC.dat must b added in d above list.
Shariff Medical College is now recognized.

there is a new college in abbotabad and its National institute of medical sciences i came to know of it when a guy handed me its brouchere when i was leaving the punjab MCAT test venue
Have they got any website??

·
Registered
254 Posts
Al-Huda medical college, using a well known name. Don't know some one will cme up with a college named GEO Medical college. Affiliated with GEO television network. :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
hahahaha then wt abt ajj :) :) :)
well habib can open tht as its famous all over wt say
well this thread is a pretty serious one xero shift all this talk to med lounge there we wd disscus tht :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts