Medical Students Forums banner
1041 - 1053 of 1053 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
IBCC

What letters are you talking about?
the verification thingy...its the thing the IBCC asks for verification from the school ...
i think they ask for a letter (thats what i saw in the previous posts of people here)

thats exacly what im asking what does the IBCC actually ask for ?
i just want this equivalecy to be over to be honest :(:(:(:(

·
Registered
40 Posts
the verification thingy...its the thing the IBCC asks for verification from the school ...
i think they ask for a letter (thats what i saw in the previous posts of people here)

thats exacly what im asking what does the IBCC actually ask for ?
i just want this equivalecy to be over to be honest :(:(:(:(
I had a similar issue, IBCC was pulling some bs with my grade 9 marks and credit count, even though they had no idea about how it works here, so I had to go to my school and asked the principal to write a letter on the official school letterhead explaining what they wanted to know. My principal then signed it, put our school seal on it, attached her business card, put the letter in an envelope and sealed the envelope with golden sticker seal. I asked for an open copy of the letter as well, which I scanned over to my uncle so he could give IBCC a copy and they could begin processing my case, while the official sealed envelope reached in the mail. Wasted probably around 400$ mailing back and forth for idiotic complications that I had already made sure I explained if they bothered to read the damn credit count allocations document and curriculums I had sent straight from the Ministry of Education's website. My uncle told me they gave him all of that back and said they did not need it and to get rid of them (even though they listed it on their required documents list, and it would have explained all of the issues they had), and then the next time my uncle went to their office, suddenly they needed those documents. Very unimpressed with their stressful process. I'm lucky I got my equivalency on time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
go on their website, it should give you a list of things you need but tbh they didn't even take all of what was required. Like my parents had to get documents attested by the courts etc. it was a hectic process and then when my uncle went to submit everything they were like we don't need these just these. But just in case do everything that they have listed as the required documents.you will need like your school accredited information and your diploma and other certificates attested. They want a letter from the school explaining all the symbols on the transcript when if they look at it carefully the abbreviations are explained at the back of the transcript. But you dont need like a specific seal or anything it just has to be a non opened document for all the things they said they want sealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and you might wanna get your documents quick because they do take like 2 weeks for the equivalence to come in and medical colleges application deadlines are like on the edge now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a similar issue, IBCC was pulling some bs with my grade 9 marks and credit count, even though they had no idea about how it works here, so I had to go to my school and asked the principal to write a letter on the official school letterhead explaining what they wanted to know. My principal then signed it, put our school seal on it, attached her business card, put the letter in an envelope and sealed the envelope with golden sticker seal. I asked for an open copy of the letter as well, which I scanned over to my uncle so he could give IBCC a copy and they could begin processing my case, while the official sealed envelope reached in the mail. Wasted probably around 400$ mailing back and forth for idiotic complications that I had already made sure I explained if they bothered to read the damn credit count allocations document and curriculums I had sent straight from the Ministry of Education's website. My uncle told me they gave him all of that back and said they did not need it and to get rid of them (even though they listed it on their required documents list, and it would have explained all of the issues they had), and then the next time my uncle went to their office, suddenly they needed those documents. Very unimpressed with their stressful process. I'm lucky I got my equivalency on time.
EXACTLY !! Even i had to go to school a million times ._._.So did u get your provisional equivalency done ? Or you have the original certificate ? If you have the original one then do you know what the ibcc asks for verification from the school ?

- - - Updated - - -

go on their website, it should give you a list of things you need but tbh they didn't even take all of what was required. Like my parents had to get documents attested by the courts etc. it was a hectic process and then when my uncle went to submit everything they were like we don't need these just these. But just in case do everything that they have listed as the required documents.you will need like your school accredited information and your diploma and other certificates attested. They want a letter from the school explaining all the symbols on the transcript when if they look at it carefully the abbreviations are explained at the back of the transcript. But you dont need like a specific seal or anything it just has to be a non opened document for all the things they said they want sealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and you might wanna get your documents quick because they do take like 2 weeks for the equivalence to come in and medical colleges application deadlines are like on the edge now.
Woww that srsly must have been exhausting .Even im like waiting for verification from my school and im actually desperate for this last verification step process .I hope it finishes soon.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way when are the admissions closing for medical schools?

·
Registered
87 Posts
By the way when are the admissions closing for medical schools?[/QUOTE]

it depends on what medical colleges you want to apply to. but from my knowledge for some of the colleges like AMC and Bahria University the deadline has surpassed. If you give me a specific college then i can probably tell you the deadline. :D I've done like a phd on med schools in pak

·
Registered
40 Posts
EXACTLY !! Even i had to go to school a million times ._._.So did u get your provisional equivalency done ? Or you have the original certificate ? If you have the original one then do you know what the ibcc asks for verification from the school ?

- - - Updated - - -

Woww that srsly must have been exhausting .Even im like waiting for verification from my school and im actually desperate for this last verification step process .I hope it finishes soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I got my provisional certificate. As far as the school verification goes, I just went to my school board's website and found their list of high schools. I printed that page off and sent it with my other documents and they did not say anything was wrong with it so that might work for you as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
it depends on what medical colleges you want to apply to. but from my knowledge for some of the colleges like AMC and Bahria University the deadline has surpassed. If you give me a specific college then i can probably tell you the deadline. :D I've done like a phd on med schools in pak[/QUOTE]
There are a few colleges i want to know about like CMH,lmdc,sharif,Nums ._.Yea i guess thats all.Maybe you can suggest me good medical colleges

- - - Updated - - -

I got my provisional certificate. As far as the school verification goes, I just went to my school board's website and found their list of high schools. I printed that page off and sent it with my other documents and they did not say anything was wrong with it so that might work for you as well.
Wow wait you sent it yourself ! Isn't the school responsible for sending these verified documents back to ibcc ..And then that probably means that you didnt have to contact your school .You just did it all by yourself ?:!:

·
Registered
40 Posts
it depends on what medical colleges you want to apply to. but from my knowledge for some of the colleges like AMC and Bahria University the deadline has surpassed. If you give me a specific college then i can probably tell you the deadline. :D I've done like a phd on med schools in pak
There are a few colleges i want to know about like CMH,lmdc,sharif,Nums ._.Yea i guess thats all.Maybe you can suggest me good medical colleges

- - - Updated - - -

Wow wait you sent it yourself ! Isn't the school responsible for sending these verified documents back to ibcc ..And then that probably means that you didnt have to contact your school .You just did it all by yourself ?:!:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, not too sure about the school sending any verified documents that's the first I've ever heard of that. Although I did have some letters sent from my school when IBCC was trying to figure out my grade 9 credit count, and my school's business card was attached, so maybe that was sufficient. But they hadn't mentioned anything like that.

·
Registered
87 Posts

- - - Updated - - -
okay so if you wanna apply to nums then I'm guessing your applying to AMC and its deadline has already passed. CMH is a great private college with an awesome building and architecture but kinda on the expensive side. I called them and they told me that it was gonna be like $23,000 if you add hostel and tuition and everything else. I talked to their finance department to ask if their foreign seats got filled up last year and they were like well no we had foreigners but still had seats left (i wonder why with that tuition). Shairf is an okay college with the same $18,000 tuition per year like most punjab private medical colleges for students applying on foreign seats. LMDC is good to and has the same fee structure as sharif. I called them too and their foreign seats didnt get filled up either last year. But this is a good college since it has been around for awhile. if you have the kinda money to spend like $25,000 at least per year including your own personal finances then definitely got to CMH.

·
Registered
28 Posts

- - - Updated - - -
okay so if you wanna apply to nums then I'm guessing your applying to AMC and its deadline has already passed. CMH is a great private college with an awesome building and architecture but kinda on the expensive side. I called them and they told me that it was gonna be like $23,000 if you add hostel and tuition and everything else. I talked to their finance department to ask if their foreign seats got filled up last year and they were like well no we had foreigners but still had seats left (i wonder why with that tuition). Shairf is an okay college with the same $18,000 tuition per year like most punjab private medical colleges for students applying on foreign seats. LMDC is good to and has the same fee structure as sharif. I called them too and their foreign seats didnt get filled up either last year. But this is a good college since it has been around for awhile. if you have the kinda money to spend like $25,000 at least per year including your own personal finances then definitely got to CMH.
Honestly 2300 dollar is alot maybe thene ill have to try with local seats but again theres alot of competition and there isn't any garruntee that ill get great score in the entry test ._thanks anyways

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Wow wait you sent it yourself ! Isn't the school responsible for sending these verified documents back to ibcc ..And then that probably means that you didnt have to contact your school .You just did it all by yourself ?:!:

Hmmm, not too sure about the school sending any verified documents that's the first I've ever heard of that. Although I did have some letters sent from my school when IBCC was trying to figure out my grade 9 credit count, and my school's business card was attached, so maybe that was sufficient. But they hadn't mentioned anything like that.
Maybe your process was already done in the beginning .Because they actually want to verify that the student studied in this school or not

- - - Updated - - -

By the way quick important question do You know what was the merit for BDS last year in CMH .It'll be a great Help:roll:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Maybe your process was already done in the beginning .Because they actually want to verify that the student studied in this school or not

- - - Updated - - -

By the way quick important question do You know what was the merit for BDS last year in CMH .It'll be a great Help:roll:
bds on foreign seats or local?

- - - Updated - - -

If you wanna apply to cheaper private colleges then look for private colleges out of punjab.

1041 - 1053 of 1053 Posts