Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1053 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, here's another person in the whole story.

i'm going to do my GED exam this june. it's an american high school equivalency exam. besides that, i've registered for my sat II exams this may and inshallah i'll score more than 650 on each exam. my real worry is about getting the equivalency for my GED marks. i've heard that the ibcc is a real trouble for foreign students. i did my o levels in pakistan without urdu, islamiyat and pakistan studies and then 11th and 12th grade, here in tunisia(american system though). could anyone please tell me how exactly the ibcc works? i've very little or no source and also i'm a canadian passport holder.. could they excuse a 'foreigner' in that case for not doing the three compulsary subjects? thank you very much guys. i appreciate your concern in helping others.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
thekhoso said:
hey guys, here's another person in the whole story.

i'm going to do my GED exam this june. it's an american high school equivalency exam. besides that, i've registered for my sat II exams this may and inshallah i'll score more than 650 on each exam. my real worry is about getting the equivalency for my GED marks. i've heard that the ibcc is a real trouble for foreign students. i did my o levels in pakistan without urdu, islamiyat and pakistan studies and then 11th and 12th grade, here in tunisia(american system though). could anyone please tell me how exactly the ibcc works? i've very little or no source and also i'm a canadian passport holder.. could they excuse a 'foreigner' in that case for not doing the three compulsary subjects? thank you very much guys. i appreciate your concern in helping others.
Well considering that you will be presenting a high school diploma on the American system to the IBCC I highly doubt that you will need to show islamiyat, urdu or pakistan studies. I myself showed my high school transcript and diploma and that's all they asked for.

I don't think you will have any problems---just make sure you do well on those SAT Subject Tests (formerly known as the SAT II).

If anyone else has any more info on this topic please feel free to weigh in! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, medstudentz has really really helped me in finding out about the whole medicine scene in pakistan. thank you for your quick reply. i really appreciate that. i would let you know if i have any more inquiries or any suggestion or anything else. god bless.

:D

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Here's a little more information on the IBCC office for anyone who still needs to get their transcripts converted for Pakistan Medical College admission:

Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN A FEW POSTS FOR THE NEW ADDRESS
URL: Welcome to Inter Board Committee of Chairman

Reactions: nader

·
Registered
180 Posts
It will be really good if you could just provide a page with information concerning IBCC application, because that would really help users interested in Pakistan medical schools.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Just so everyone knows, IBCC has opened up 4 more office branches in addition to the one they already have in Islamabad.

Their locations and information is provided below:

Lahore

INTER BOARD COMMITTEE OF CHAIRMEN
Regional Office at Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education,
86 Mozang Road, Lahore, Punjab.
Ph:-042-9203893
Fax:-042-9203893

Peshawar

Regional Office at Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education,
Jamrud Road, Peshawar, N.W.F.P.
Ph:-091-9216454
Fax:-091-9216454

Karachi

Regional Office at Board of Intermediate Education,
Bakhtairi Youth Centre, North Nazimabad, Karachi, Sindh.
Ph:-021-6639878
Fax:-021-6639878

Quetta

Regional Office at Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education,
Samagli Road, Quetta, Balochistan.
Ph:- 081-826716
Fax:- 081-826716

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
IBCC's Islamabad branch has moved!

It's NO LONGER at:
House # 342, Street # 97
Islamabad, Pakistan

and has moved to:
Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Building
Sector H-8/4
Islamabad, Pakistan

·
Registered
539 Posts
Rehan said:
IBCC's Islamabad branch has moved!

It's NO LONGER at:
House # 342, Street # 97
Islamabad, Pakistan

and has moved to:
Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Building
Sector H-8/4
Islamabad, Pakistan
Heh, prolly best they moved. You forgot to put which sector for the first address anyway. And thats was the old place, they moved to a markaz after that, and just recently moved to H-8/4 if thats where they are now

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Yep, moved to H-8/4. They're a 5 minute walk away from Shifa College now, right next to the Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE) building.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Why is there so much paper work involved to get admitted into Pakistan?

It would have made it more attractive for foreign Pakistanis if the process was more easier. Since around Europe there's less hassle in admission procedures.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Because Pakistan is normally a corrupt place where people lie and make fake documents and try to make excuses for everything. They give you such a hassle to make it a pain in the ass for people doing things the 'bogus way'. They want so many documents, all attested, and then they confirm and reconfirm again and again. Just how it works because thats how the society is.

·
Registered
180 Posts
maik7upurz said:
Because Pakistan is normally a corrupt place where people lie and make fake documents and try to make excuses for everything. They give you such a hassle to make it a pain in the ass for people doing things the 'bogus way'. They want so many documents, all attested, and then they confirm and reconfirm again and again. Just how it works because thats how the society is.
well i hope this hassling one day finishes, and we have a efficient system in place.

Because it really is not a good image.

·
Registered
539 Posts
you think pakistan cares about its "internal" image??? Its not just foreigners having to deal with these things. Lots and lots of local pakistanis have to deal with them too. I say get used to it because you'll find this kind of trouble everywhere in pakistan, its just how it is really.

·
Registered
83 Posts
NEED HELP!!

ok so...looking at this website mad it sound like its really tough to get into med-schools in pakistan...is that true??

I want to got to AIMC or KE...if not those some other good med-schools in lahore...what r my chances???

Whats more important when applying GPA or SAT score?

And whats up with not having to do pre-med sounds to good to be true

And last but not least what r the benifits of studying in pakistan?
( which is somthin i really want to do!!!)
Plzzzzzzzz help...Sadaf*

·
Registered
415 Posts
hey salam everyone!

Sadaf, GPA is definitely more imporant for the schools you want to go to. AIMC and KE are gov. colleges that don't really look at SAT scores at all. If you're interested in going to a private college like AKU or Shifa, you're going to need to take SAT II subject tests in Bio, Chem, and Physics and score 650 or better. GPA most important, regardless of where you're going to apply, so keep that as high as you can.

Don't mean to shrug off sadaf's post, but I've got some questions too.

I took the SAT II for chem and physics just yesterday. I thought chem was pretty easy. Physics wasn't too bad, but I ran really short on time (I had to leave the last 11 blank!!! :cry: ). Because of that, I'm not sure if I'll make 650, but I'm sure if I retake it and actually finish, I can definitely get over 650. My question is, do private schools only accept your first score or can you send in multiple score reports?

Thx for your time

1 - 20 of 1053 Posts