Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys
So I recently found this forum which has been an absolute life saver!:) So I graduated HS last year in Australia with 92 Adv ENG, 94 MATH, 88 BIO, 80 PHYS, 88 CHEM & 93 LEGAL STUDIES. (Pretty Good I thought) until I converted them according to the IBCC conversion formula :!: which (I don't know if I am doing it wrong or not) ends up at 873/1100 for FSC conversion only (Applying through PTAP). With that I don't even think I am going to get a spot. So if anyone has applied through PTAP (preferably for Aus.) can you please shed some light on the conversion rates etc. Also is there a possibility to use my MATHS marks instead of PHYS for the equivalence certificate?
I tried calling the IBCC but they just hang up as soon as I speak to them (In English). LOL
Much appreciated !
ANYONE CAN REPLY :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
The conversion you quote, is it done by IBCC or is it according to your own assessment having looked at the conversion formulas online?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it done by IBCC or is it according to your own assessment having looked at the conversion formulas online?
The latter, I just looked at the formula coversions in the IBCC equiv. book. I undertsand that I wont get a def no. until I actually lodge an application for the real Fsc Equivalence. :/

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thing with IBCC equivalency is that you are going to lose a set amount of marks no matter what you do i.e. if you do O levels and A levels and get all 11 A*s across O level and then at A level too, they will only give you 990/1100 so you lose at least 110 marks even if you get the best possible grades.
Even incredible grades/marks in foreign qualification don't reflect very well in FSC equivalency, the only way to do it is to go their office and discuss with them because they don't even pick up the phone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts