Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So a little background. I've done my A levels and currently am on a gap year and will be applying for medicine this year IA.

In AS, I gave Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I screwed up Physics (D) and Chemistry (C) and got an A in Biology.
So I retook Chemistry and got a B. I decided for physics I'll give a composite. (Take AS and A2 together) Which I ultimately screwed up too. :laugh:

In my A2 result, I got a B in bio, C in chemistry and E in physics. Now I'm retaking physics.

I also have four different CIE result certificates, two from AS and two from A2.
My question is, how on earth will I get my equivalence done for this? Considering all my grades are messed up and in 4 different certificates. Does IBCC accept taking one grade from one statement and the other grade from another result statement? Do they automatically pick out the best grade and use that? Or do they just require your A2 result and dgaf about AS? I emailed IBCC and obviously didn't get a response.

Thanks a ton to whoever answers this!

·
Registered
212 Posts
you should submit the best result certificate from As and A2 and they will give you the equivalence! they dont give multiple certificates or chose the best just submit to them the best statement of each year :)

- - - Updated - - -

they consider both and since you are having a gap year its best to utilize the months till next cie exam and try getting at least a B that would suffice for getting admission

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the issue you see. My best result also has my worst result in the same certificate. :mad:
For example in june 2014 I got ACD (AS)
In November 2014 I got B (AS)
In June 2015 I got BCE (A2)
And I'll have another result in which I'm expecting an A.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts