Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salaam! I am starting med school in Pakistan this coming Jan, but was wondering how much prior knowledge of chemistry and biology we are required to understand what they are teaching in the 1st year of mbbs program. I mean if you come staright out of high school is bio and chem you took would be sufficient. We only went trhough intro biochemistry in high school. Are we going to learn biochemistry in pak medical school the one students learn in US as a premed students. One more thing.......any tips 4 head start in studies. I would really appreciate your insight.

best wishes

Asad

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
You barely need any prior knowledge in chemistry and biology. As long as you know the basic concepts that they teach in high school you shouldn't have any trouble. It might save you a bit of time in terms of studying or forming concepts, but everything can be learned as you go.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You will be still pretty confused a bit but its not like the kind of problem you think it will be. You dont have to understand anything anyway, just study hard and memorize everything like all the other robots here do and you'll be fine

·
Registered
72 Posts
its like a game bro, who ever memorizes the most wins!
well when it comes to anatomy and pharmacology it is lol.
But don't neglect developing concepts. Trust me you don't want to re-learn stuff when it comes down steps studying.
Make strong concepts now when it comes to physio and patho. When studying medicine you will find it very easy for you to grasp it when it comes to final year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts